Author Topic: is having a garden theraputic or simply hard work.?  (Read 1433 times)

em

Re: is having a garden theraputic or simply hard work.?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:38:35 PM »
It might cost less than £200 for the robot,but beware.My neighbour has one for his one-acre lawn.You have to dig a trench all round,bury the cables and build a little house for the robot.Not cheap,but he is satisfied with it.We call the robot"rover".In summer he works 24 hours a day.He does a good job.

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:46:00 PM »
Calling a groove a trench is a bit negative em ;) ..as for the kennel, most folk have a shed..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

em

« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:08:31 PM »
Theirs was more than a groove;they spent weeks preparing it.I can't work out the circumference of an acre,but it's a heck of a long way.(and they are perfectionists!)

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »
It's obviously the boundary for the robot so I guess the accuracy is important.. Nice to sit with a beer and TMS and let it go about it's business on a drowsy afternoon..In fact, rewilding brings the same benefit but with more to watch.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

em

« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
They also have a huge re-wilding area (sorry zoony,don't hate me for this!)

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:05:18 PM »
 Couldn't be more pleased. 'S only fair that the wild allows him a corner to himself. ;D 

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:04:08 PM »
https://i.postimg.cc/HnCY2x4n/received-10210358324418923.jpg
Hard work...this is just the deck..of 1 and half aches of acres.
Masks are muzzles

Ode Iron

Masks are muzzles

Ode Iron

« Reply #23 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:13:07 PM »
Masks are muzzles

granny moss

« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:14:07 AM »
My favourite garden jobs.....Weeding, pruning, and sitting in a comfortable padded lounger.....under a canopy of roses with a nice cup of tea !.... :D gmx

xetog

« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2020, 10:38:33 AM »
When we moved here in 2012 we wanted a place with a small garden as we had to leave it quite often to go travelling.  The garden is about 30ft square and sloping right to left, so I spent many hours reducing the slope, creating beds around the edge for care free plants, laying a permeable membrane and gravelling the centre as well as building a conservatory and a couple of decks.  It worked fine. Now, getting on for 8 years later we have not been travelling so much and I am looking at changing things a bit, but because of a heart problem I have been forbidden to raise my blood pressure, so big changes are on the back burner, perhaps for ever.  I am a 'big changes' man, disliking fiddling about so when some gardening needs doing, I tend to look out and lose interest.  However, once togged up and out there, it's difficult persuading me to come back in.  I have to say that once out in the fresh air I love it and once the job in hand is finished, I look for some other excuse to remain out there.  We had intended moving last year, but the three properties that suited us all fell through for one reason or another and we have decided to stay, so the garden will feature on my to do list.

Mike. X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

GrannyMac

« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »
It's obviously the boundary for the robot so I guess the accuracy is important.. Nice to sit with a beer and TMS and let it go about it's business on a drowsy afternoon..In fact, rewilding brings the same benefit but with more to watch.. ;D

Our son has a robot mower. The boundary lines were already in place when they moved, and the mower wasn't too expensive.  It trundles about until it needs recharging, then docks. He can switch it on via his phone.... ;)

On dark summer evenings, I like to sit outside and watch its light as it does its work.  The chap next door to them has a sit on (another big garden) and his lawn looks immaculate.  But he's retired, and it's his passion.  I don't think my son will ever be that interested, just likes to keep it neat, and its a great space for the kids, the dog, cricket, football etc.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais