Author Topic: films. soaps, murders,shown on television  (Read 1097 times)

Alfred

films. soaps, murders,shown on television
« on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
Its a wonder or even necessary to show scenes, or films of killing, or murders,  what with all the recent knife crimes that have made records levels of the killing of mainly young men,in the u.k

and yet with so many crimes shown on the t.v as entertainment, ?? such as midsummer murders , and even  including the soaps,

I'm amazed that these programme producers still show scenes of violence, at a time when violence seems to be every where,
in the past it made the news as it was rare,

today there is so much shown or read about that people tend to ignore
it as there so much mentioned in the news even on world wide countries , will these crimes ever diminish , as it could encourage many young people to copy what they read or see,.

Q; have you any thoughts regarding violence that's shown on the t.v

Johned

Re: films. soaps, murders,shown on television
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:39:23 PM »
I dunno about violence on the TV.  Sex on the TV is another matter however.  A fella observed to me in our local, "What about sex on the television then?"  I had to admit that I dared not try it for fear of ricking my back!

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:53:52 PM »
There's certainly, in my view, too much of both but then I'm an old buffer and anything sexual is mostly just annoyingly unobtainable and anything violent so unrealistic it's laughable but I suppose the young do copy what they see without any understanding of the aftermath until they're in a cell or by a graveside. 'O course, in our day shot people crumpled gracefully and bloodlessly to the ground, violent crimes were often more imagined than portrayed and the language wasn't from the gutter. I'm all for a f*ck if necessary but I consider certain words, a very few, to be taboo..even between men let alone girls!
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:54:46 PM »
I was channel flicking the other night and came across a programme called Naked Attraction - the whole shebang was on display, I'm not kidding. ::)   
As for violence, there is a lot on telly so I close my eyes mostly.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:25:15 PM »
My opinion is the young men who commit these crimes and carry the weapons to do so, do not watch a lot of television. If only they did, they would see the advertising industry bending over backwards to "include" them.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »
I'm that  old that when there's a sex scene I wish they'd hurry up and get it over with.  Violence is another matter, I like my detectives, Vera, Endeavour and the rest, but in think the murders should be left to your imagination and not be dwelt upon.  I don't like scenes of torture or excessive violence.

The soaps are getting so ridiculous, so many murders and deaths in one street.  In our day it was Ena Sharples, Minnie Caudwell and Martha Longhurst drinking milk stout in the Rovers, now it's anything goes.  And as for Eastenders, I dispair.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
Don't watch the soaps, so can't comment on them, but some of the violence portrayed in films does seem excessive. The film 'Lawless' got good reviews when made, or so I understand. Saw a couple of clips from it on YouTube so bought the video - a whole £2.67 - and the level of violence was, to my mind, totally unnecessary as 'entertainment' and totally unrealistic. One character gets beaten to a pulp, yet two days later he is walking around with just a small bruise on one cheek as a momento!
At the other extreme, to be fair, back in the fifties you would see fist fights portrayed which were just ridiculous - big guys knocking hell out of each other, but not a mark to show for it.

Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »
The Americans are adept at suggesting something rather than troubling to do it. They expect belief to be suspended in their audiences.. Realistic physical damage is rarely well done or at all convincing. And I want one of their car batteries that allow you to stop, turn off the engine but leave the headlights and radio full on while burying a body or whatever then start right up again, hours later fresh as the morning..

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2020, 11:03:18 PM »
I rather doubt that those responsible for the gang violence and knife crime spend much time watching TV.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
I was channel flicking the other night and came across a programme called Naked Attraction - the whole shebang was on display, I'm not kidding. ::)   
As for violence, there is a lot on telly so I close my eyes mostly.

Naked Attraction...

We,like you, were just flicking and came across this...
  I thought they were all the same..but no, some pointed upward.. others looked down and there was one that pointed straight at me...!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2020, 12:52:51 PM »
Human nakedness is not attractive unless it's during intimacy..Looking at other folk naked seems a bit weird to me..

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2020, 01:24:27 PM »
Human nakedness is not attractive unless it's during intimacy..Looking at other folk naked seems a bit weird to me..
That depends how fit she is.

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
Most human bodies are enhanced by a bit of coverage. 🤓
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2020, 01:53:53 PM »
Most human bodies are enhanced by a bit of coverage. 🤓

Absolutely. Something wise film makers know and too many people don't.

cowboy wisdom.