Author Topic: shampooing a carpet  (Read 310 times)

Alfred

shampooing a carpet
« on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »
im sure many of you at some time or other have done this, so can you advise me as to what to use as the best shampoo to clean a carpet,

iv heard of many things from washing up liquid to various carpet shampoos, but which is the best,  or even the best way to get results that will really brighten up a carpet, ……...any ideas, please,

your advice will be greatly appreciated.as it will help me make up my mind,

Hugh

Re: shampooing a carpet
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:52:14 PM »
Hire or buy a vaxs carpet cleaner and use vaxs cleaning fluid. Cleans the carpet and dry within one hour. So simple and easy to use and does a great job.

StephenM123

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:55:10 PM »
Everything I tried was of limited success until I hired a Rug Doctor from the Co-op. It got an incredible amount of dirt out and removed all all animal smells. I recommend it! :)

mick607

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »
Hire or buy a vacs carpet cleaner and use vacs cleaning fluid. Cleans the carpet and dry within one hour. So simple and easy to use and does a great job.
We have one of those, very good tools.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
We've got a Rug Doctor Spot Remover for small spills & stains & a full-sized Bissell for whole carpet cleaning.

They both do more or less the same job as regards the quality of cleaning.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alfred

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:36:02 PM »
my sincere thanks to all of you for your really good advice, and iv really appreciated, your comments,
you've made up my mind,

Alfred,.