Author Topic: Email mess  (Read 469 times)

RoyMail

Email mess
« on: Jan 25, 2020, 09:22:31 PM »
 Been sorting out my mired mass of email addresses ,  and now just for forums
, yes its Swiss , from one of the best free email providors , so Roco is back as a novice member , with my easy to guess first name , ???    ..... ::)

Look and Listen but keep Stumm

zoony

Re: Email mess
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2020, 09:27:48 PM »
I'm sorry but that makes no sense...Are you selling something?
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

RoyMail

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2020, 09:34:26 PM »
  no , just a member that couldent log in ,  the p/w recvery went to a old email adress, the missing bit was a link to my new provider  ( not alowed ? )
Look and Listen but keep Stumm

Cassandra

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
Well you know now Zoon, try and keep up it's all very obvious  ???

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »
So as far as I can workout you forgot your password and the email was sent to an expired email address. I had this problem when my company collapsed and was unable to complete my tax return. The plonker at Job Centre Minus could not understand as I could not access the Government Gateway to search Universal Job Match. When I did I found most were duplicates or fake!

Anyways back to you. Your Christian  name is Roy or Roco I assume? What was your previous ID?

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »
Not to me I'm afraid..But I'm not at my best these days.. ??? ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020, 10:11:19 PM by zoony »

Tom Waites

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:38:50 AM »
Hello Roy and welcome back - when did you leave as Roco ?

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2020, 07:12:17 AM »
So as far as I can workout you forgot your password and the email was sent to an expired email address. I had this problem when my company collapsed and was unable to complete my tax return. The plonker at Job Centre Minus could not understand as I could not access the Government Gateway to search Universal Job Match. When I did I found most were duplicates or fake!

Anyways back to you. Your Christian  name is Roy or Roco I assume? What was your previous ID?

That's why all my passwords are saved, so that I don't become the plonker who means some other plonker has got to try & deal with my mess.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2020, 07:32:27 AM by Diasi »
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

xetog

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:03:18 AM »
Same here.  Unimportant passwords to retailers who insist on them I just keep on a file on my computer.  Anything financial I keep on a secure flash drive which also has a secured vault inside it.  I use it rarely as I can remember the 20-odd sets of usernames, passwords, favourite places, granny's Christian names, etc which banks and the like require these days.  The problem is, upon my demise, how does anyone access my computer and the flash drive/vault?  I have a method, it's actually very simple, but I cannot of course divulge it.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

sparky

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:36:23 AM »
I Have four different Email addresses, with the main one solely for relatives and friends, but all kept on a flash drive along with various log on  details.

Sheila

« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
Just slightly off the subject, when a relative who was a chartered accountant died, his wife didn't know any of his passwords.  She didn't even know which companies provided their gas and electricity as he dealt with everything online.
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »
All my passwords to my Sites and Email are written in a wee book I keep handy.  ;D

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »
  no , just a member that couldent log in ,  the p/w recvery went to a old email adress, the missing bit was a link to my new provider  ( not alowed ? )

I'm even more confused..Despite the time-line, this didn't show up on my machine until this morning!

Tom Waites

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:01:39 PM »
That's why all my passwords are saved, so that I don't become the plonker who means some other plonker has got to try & deal with my mess.
I used to use LastPass but swapped to https://bitwarden.com/ after they were taken over. I store the master password for that in the database of passwords I used to use years ago. I don't think that program is around any more so I also keep a paper copy of it in the little safe that holds our will funeral plans etc.

Supporting leave is not racism. Don't let others suggest it is.

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:07:25 PM »
Looks like it's just Raven and me who write them down then !