Author Topic: Coronavirus Virus  (Read 2799 times)

zoony

Re: Coronavirus Virus
« Reply #180 on: Feb 14, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »
I watched documentary about the 1919 Spainish flu.  It affected the younger people worse as older people seemed to had some immunity, possibly from a previous epedemic?   People were weak and malnourished because of the war and it took hold. 
My grandmother had told me her younger sister died just after WW1, I didnt associate her death to flu until I got her death certificate for my genealogy hobby. Poor woman was 6 months pregnant too.  Within two weeks of her sisters death, grandma lost her 18 month old daughter to the flu, she would have been my aunt.

How tragic but sadly not uncommon..Not too many snowflakes in those days..
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Sheila

« Reply #181 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »
I can't find a link to put on here but have you seen the lovely thank you letter given to the staff of Arrowe Park Hospital by the people who had been in quarantine because of corona virus?

They were obviously highly appreciative of the good service they received.  I know the staff are overworked there but I have had fantastic treatment from them in the last few years.  I just hope not to see them again for a while!
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Devonian

« Reply #182 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:36:33 AM »
The thing that's still puzzling me the most is why they discharged Walsh from hospital knowing he already was a supercarrier or am I missing something....?
An English Assembly next....?

Jacqueline

« Reply #183 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:09:40 PM »
Whatever you say about the Chinese, they seem to be dealing with this and are not afraid to put a city on lockdown to contain the virus.  I know we havent got a problem as yet and hope we never will, but I doubt this country will cope so well.  We have people coming and going from all corners of the earth. The women in the Uber taxi for example. I asked my nurse sister in law what precautions her hospital had in place, nothing that she knows of apparently. This is what worries me.

RoyMail

« Reply #184 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
The thing that's still puzzling me the most is why they discharged Walsh from hospital knowing he already was a supercarrier or am I missing something....?
maybe , first there is no such thing as a super  carrier , you are either a carrier or not, the virus is simular to the flu , once it has run it's course you are no longer capable of passing the virus on ,
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Diasi

« Reply #185 on: Feb 15, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
It's our lucky day, I've just checked & we're eligible for the 50% discount offer.

We'd have really been pіssed-off if we hadn't checked & paid the full price

https://bit.ly/38vpopt
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

Jacqueline

« Reply #186 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:44:33 PM »
maybe , first there is no such thing as a super  carrier , you are either a carrier or not, the virus is simular to the flu , once it has run it's course you are no longer capable of passing the virus on ,

What about Typhoid Mary Mellon who infected lots of people in the 1900s with Typhoid although perfectly healthy herself.  Not impossible. I don't know the difference of passing on Corona Virus from passing  Typhoid, so may be talking rubbish!

Ashy

« Reply #187 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:47:55 PM »
My Nigerian friend says he can send me an inoculation pill that will stop me from getting the virus altogether. It's a bit pricey though.
Remainers have the rest of 2020 to transition to rejoiners

zoony

« Reply #188 on: Feb 15, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »

What about Typhoid Mary Mellon who infected lots of people in the 1900s with Typhoid although perfectly healthy herself.  Not impossible. I don't know the difference of passing on Corona Virus from passing  Typhoid, so may be talking rubbish!

You're not talking rubbish Jacq. She was asymptomatic and took it with her wherever she went. She was also a cook in a boarding house I think! Though Typhoid is bacterial and Corona viral, there certainly appear to be some people who spread it around though remain asymptomatic..

Tom Waites

Jacqueline

« Reply #189 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:41:26 PM »
My Nigerian friend says he can send me an inoculation pill that will stop me from getting the virus altogether. It's a bit pricey though.

Do you get your own Vodoo Witch Doctor to come and administer it?

Hugh

« Reply #190 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »
It looks like this virus going to kill a lot of unhealthy people very much like the flu. For healthy people it will come and go just like a common cold.

klondike

« Reply #191 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »
Perhaps that 3 days of sore arm from the pneumonia jab I had last month was a price worth paying then...

Jacqueline

« Reply #192 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:14:07 PM »
Perhaps that 3 days of sore arm from the pneumonia jab I had last month was a price worth paying then...

Husband and I have had the pneumonia jab too, I'm not sure if covers us for all types or maybe it does, arn't there viral and bacterial pneumonias?

Sheila

« Reply #193 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »

Husband and I have had the pneumonia jab too, I'm not sure if covers us for all types or maybe it does, arn't there viral and bacterial pneumonias?

I had pneumonia even though I had had the jab.  I think there are two different types.  I slept for most of a week, probably nature's way of helping.
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

zoony

« Reply #194 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:33:12 PM »
As far as I remember you get pneumonia from bacteria, viruses and fungi. It's the effects on the alveoli that characterise the illness. It's also known as the old man's friend cos it sees you off quickly. ;D

Tom Waites