Author Topic: Coronavirus Virus  (Read 2798 times)

Diasi

Re: Coronavirus Virus
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:02:30 AM »
If they do bring all these people back where are they going to stay .
If the incubation period is 14 days how do you know any of them are not  infected .
If they stay with relatives surely those have a chance of also being infected .
I know itís not nice for them but surely staying put is the best way to contain this virus .

Looking online yesterday I saw most face masks are out of stock now .

Exactly, they wanted to work in China, where they knew that these outbreaks occur, so let them take their chances in China.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

klondike

« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:57:31 AM »
I just caught a snatch of the story on TV news and I think they said that the Yanks had repatriated some of their people. I doubt many of those talking about wanting to come home actually live there. More likely they were there on business. I recall reading that we buy some stuff from China so perhaps they were out there organising a bit of trade...

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2020, 09:01:20 AM »
I just caught a snatch of the story on TV news and I think they said that the Yanks had repatriated some of their people. I doubt many of those talking about wanting to come home actually live there. More likely they were there on business. I recall reading that we buy some stuff from China so perhaps they were out there organising a bit of trade...

The ones on the news were living & working there, one as a teacher, they weren't businessmen who'd just been unlucky enough to get caught up in it during a couple of days business trip.

Brexit Has Happened.

klondike

« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2020, 09:02:12 AM »
Thanks. In that case then yes they should stay.

Diasi

« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
BA has cancelled all fights to & from mainland China.

There's still talk of repatriating 300 British ex-pats.

Oh well so long as they're ok, sod the rest of us.

Brexit Has Happened.

Jacqueline

« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2020, 11:39:35 AM »
This morning they were saying people would be repatriated, make their own way home then "quarentine" themselves for 14 days, possibly infecting taxi drivers etc. on route.  Obviously someone has do do their shopping so contact is made, not a very clever idea.

Just heard our government (under pressure or maybe worry about public opinion) has decided people returning from China will be quarentined.  Sense at last, why did it take so long?

Diasi

« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »

Just heard our government (under pressure or maybe worry about public opinion) has decided people returning from China will be quarentined.  Sense at last, why did it take so long?

Maybe they read public opinion on social media forums.

Brexit Has Happened.

Akbuk

« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
France has applied to the EU for costs on repatriation of their own citizens, but TBF with what's going on in France at the moment...Ö.I'd take my chances in China. By the time the EU sorts things out the new hospital will be up & running & this virus will just be a memory.

Jacqueline

« Reply #38 on: Jan 29, 2020, 03:05:09 PM »
France has applied to the EU for costs on repatriation of their own citizens, but TBF with what's going on in France at the moment...Ö.I'd take my chances in China. By the time the EU sorts things out the new hospital will be up & running & this virus will just be a memory.

Why should the EU pay for this?  Have we applied too? We are still in at the moment and mostly in for another year.

klondike

« Reply #39 on: Jan 29, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »
No. No. We were told things remain the same during transition so we just pay not receive. Same as now.

Akbuk

« Reply #40 on: Jan 29, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »
The speed of the EU is breath taking, a potential pandemic & today they decide to debate it....whilst the Chinese have lockdowns & knocking up hospitals like they have thousands of Genies on site.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20200129IPR71317/parliament-to-debate-the-coronavirus-outbreak

RoyMail

« Reply #41 on: Jan 29, 2020, 07:31:31 PM »
what do we know about this cornavirus , it's of the same gene as Sars , but has mutated and   contageios befor any symptons appear,  and it did start in the meat market in China from eating Bat meat , makes me think of this , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dAiB5tWVI
I wonder if the Brits  trapped sing this from their balconies ?
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2020, 07:38:47 PM by RoyMail »
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:32:45 PM »
The speed of the EU is breath taking, a potential pandemic & today they decide to debate it....whilst the Chinese have lockdowns & knocking up hospitals like they have thousands of Genies on site.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20200129IPR71317/parliament-to-debate-the-coronavirus-outbreak

And at the same time wishing a fond farewell to the UK and singing Auld Lang Syne with speeches closely resembling the " It's not you darling, it's me..I'll always love you" sort of exchanges so beloved of writers of tv dramas.
  I'm sure that there are many minions making copious observations on how China administrates such mass control as a template for future actions when the EU Army has become established.

" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Akbuk

« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »

And at the same time wishing a fond farewell to the UK and singing Auld Lang Syne with speeches closely resembling the " It's not you darling, it's me..I'll always love you" sort of exchanges so beloved of writers of tv dramas.
  I'm sure that there are many minions making copious observations on how China administrates such mass control as a template for future actions when the EU Army has become established.

If this virus had started or even gets a grip in the EU, borders would need to be introduced ASAP. China seems to be doing all it can to stop people going out or coming into its territory, how could the EU cope with that? I was in France not too long ago, then we freely drove onto Switzerland, if I was infected, that's two countries I've been in, apart from the UK.

digitalis

« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
Latest headlines are that India has a case. Wotcanusay!

Next...Africa?

Its goin viral!

Supping coffee in a suburb or rat-city this morn. It woz like CROWDED. Like as filled with rats(yup,I'm one too :( ) University suburb: Chinese already wear masks around here. Get yer Wills dun now! Perhaps we do need Michael - of-the-coffin-sales - Parkinson now. Get yer free Parker pen now. Carol - of-the-double FF boobs - Vorman,wotsabout getting in on some face masks sales. I'm up for 400.

Will be going to the local supermarket soon to buy up £2ksworth o groceries. I'm also going for a shotgun: anyone who rings my doorbell is gonna face a double barrel job. We just gotta lockdown!