Author Topic: It Works Both Ways  (Read 2349 times)

StephenM123

It Works Both Ways
« on: Jan 28, 2020, 08:58:59 AM »
All over the news this morning is a US generated report that Prince Andrew has not returned to be questioned by the FBI.

However the US refuse to extradite Anne Sacoolas to be questioned about the death of Harry Dunn.

It has to work both ways and is part of the reason I am wary of the UK being to reliant on the US for trade deals.

Scrumpy

Re: It Works Both Ways
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »

I get very, very angry that people of privilege can do exactly as they wish and never need to explain..

Andrew hides behind his mummy's skirt.. When she is no longer here I reckon he will be an outcast and not be welcomed even by the royals.. I don't think the British public like him .. He is a disgrace.. IMO

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

StephenM123

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:38:00 AM »

I get very, very angry that people of privilege can do exactly as they wish and never need to explain..

Andrew hides behind his mummy's skirt.. When she is no longer here I reckon he will be an outcast and not be welcomed even by the royals.. I don't think the British public like him .. He is a disgrace.. IMO

Yes I agree he has let the Royals down badly but Anne Sacoolas hiding behind diplomatic immunity is equally bad form!

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:47:04 AM »
If privilege didn't have some benefits for the privileged, there would be no point in having them.

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
Can't we swap 'em?

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
Dunn's family can always write to Lizzie Windsor to ask for her help.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »
All over the news this morning is a US generated report that Prince Andrew has not returned to be questioned by the FBI.

However the US refuse to extradite Anne Sacoolas to be questioned about the death of Harry Dunn.

It has to work both ways and is part of the reason I am wary of the UK being to reliant on the US for trade deals.

You are conflating a witness request in one case with a relent for trial on the other? Two very different scenarios.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
With luck the FBI will eventually be able to get a subpoena to compel Andrew Windsor to appear which if ignored might lead to a warrant being issued for his arrest. I don't know if he's safe behind the battlements but it'll curtail his high jinks in the US cos he won't go back again..I hope he does respond but I doubt he'll put himself in any sort of jeopardy just for the sake of honesty or truth..It doesn't seem to be his nature..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2020, 04:55:28 PM »
You are conflating a witness request in one case with a relent for trial on the other? Two very different scenarios.

Indeed! I was just pointing out cooperation is a two way street.

Maybe we could have a prisoner swap at the virtual Irish border? 😊

Cassandra

« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2020, 05:17:14 PM »

Any subpoena requests are made upon the UK Govt on behalf of its citizen,  the "requested party" Our 'Treaty' with the USA outlines that the "requested party" (HMG) may refuse to proceed if "the Requested Party" is of the opinion that the request, if granted, would impair its sovereignty, security, or other essential interests or would be contrary to important public policy".

Unlike members of the Foreign Office serving at the US Embassy, HRH does not possess 'Diplomatic Immunity'; but it could be argued that in coalescing with the service of said subpoena a conflict with sovereign 'process' could be encountered?

So far Andrew has made a public statement saying he was "willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations". This indeterminate statement is not sufficiently specific within its content to presume if this extends to a personal appearance (at enormous National cost in security provisions etc); to aid many would say (passim) a fallacious attention seeking action, so typical of American litigation? I would certainly advise him to only submit written information in response to questions 'in camera'. If pressed he could also provide a video link perhaps? Formatively, assessed none of this improves his situation and I would urge rejection.

Public opinion majoratively portents to interpreting lawful process by the expression of emotion, within a conflict of definition and understanding to same?

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
I'm intrigued by these "security provisions" you mention. Couldn't the Yanks subpoena the security bloke he was with on the visit to the nightclub etc.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Cassandra

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
I'm intrigued by these "security provisions" you mention. Couldn't the Yanks subpoena the security bloke he was with on the visit to the nightclub etc.

"Security" as in the enormous cost provision in supply same in my meaning. The words I quoted are verbatim from our treaty with the US - Article 3, in complete definition. These tenets were probably worded so vicariously to reflect absolutely anything so needed at the time. In reality it says 'No way go away we'll keep on declining you'. National Security is a much visited Diplomatic rat-run to an empty vacuum, a brick wall of nil response.

granny moss

« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:48:27 AM »
 ::) Why were the young girls in those places? In the photos that I have seen they are not in chains? and they seem to be smiling ? etc etc...Only curiosity. No prejudice or malice. I am sincerely confused. Were they beaten to submission? Where they kidnapped? Why were they in those places? So many questions in my head. Sorry if I seem confused. Those men were bad. But then almost all men behave badly if given the chance and opportunity. Please note I wrote: ALMOST. Most of the men are incredibly loving and caring and I was lucky to live with one for over 64 years.Why did they not complain at the time they were abused ? Why did they wait so long?  So many questions. Where are the answers ? ??? gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
  So many questions. Where are the answers ? ??? gmx

So many questions. Where are the answers.?

They are securely locked away in the palace..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:08:43 AM »
But then almost all men behave badly if given the chance and opportunity.
There is a darkness at the heart of all humans and its not confined to men or adults. Women can also be evil - and so can children.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.