Author Topic: It Works Both Ways  (Read 2348 times)

zoony

Re: It Works Both Ways
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:22:04 AM »
I find it mostly in cats..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
Cats are not evil per se. They are born hunters so just do what cats were born to do despite the fact that we have tried to domesticate them. No one ever really owns a cat.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
No kidding...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »
Never forget - dogs have owners, cats have staff
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »
Cats can be so funny. Dogs are dumb in comparison. I like the fact that they are not subservient to humans but do their own thing when they want to. They seem determined to get what they can out of life while giving back only what they wish to, and at their convenience. Thats an attitude I admire.

The lovely ginger cat in my profile belongs to Buddy, my nephews cat. He has lovely markings and stalks around like a little tiger.  He makes a series of different noises for whatever he wants.  If you dont listen when he vocalises he does it LOUDER. Much as English people are supposed to treat foreigners.

He is a "house" cat so I bought him one of those electronic balls to keep him active. It lights up and wanders aimlessly around the house when you charge it up. It supposed to encourage house cats to remain active. Buddy watches it for a few minutes then begins to stalk it. To him it is prey. But then anything that moves is prey.

It turns off after 10 minutes so as not to "overstimulate" the cat but Buddy quickly learned how to turn it back on with his paw after seeing Chris do it. When it finally runs out of power he pushes it along to the nearest person and meows insistently. He knows that a human must now do something to it to make it go again. He also seems to understand that it takes time to power back up. After you plug it in he will come back after about an hour and meow again for the ball to be put down for him.

Buddy does not so much have "staff" as an entourage.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Sheila

« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:10:07 AM »
Many years ago my MIL instructed my husband to get me something for Valentines Day.  He must have given it some thought and asked me if I would like a cat.  He is a dog person and didn't like cats.

We got a five month old rescue black and white moggy.  She was a sad little thing at first but gradually took charge of us and the house.

My daft husband used to put a newspaper on the floor and her head would go down and her little bum would wriggle in excitement.  He used to put his hand under the paper and shake it.  He never came out of that well.

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:52:03 AM »
There is a darkness at the heart of all humans and its not confined to men or adults. Women can also be evil - and so can children.

Of course evil is not confined to one group, but I don't believe its in everyone.  There's plenty of evidence that shows genuine care, compassion and kindness across our species for no reward.  Evil doesn't always trump goodness.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:52:31 AM »
Cats can be so funny. Dogs are dumb in comparison. I like the fact that they are not subservient to humans but do their own thing when they want to. They seem determined to get what they can out of life while giving back only what they wish to, and at their convenience. Thats an attitude I admire.

The lovely ginger cat in my profile belongs to Buddy, my nephews cat. He has lovely markings and stalks around like a little tiger.  He makes a series of different noises for whatever he wants.  If you dont listen when he vocalises he does it LOUDER. Much as English people are supposed to treat foreigners.

He is a "house" cat so I bought him one of those electronic balls to keep him active. It lights up and wanders aimlessly around the house when you charge it up. It supposed to encourage house cats to remain active. Buddy watches it for a few minutes then begins to stalk it. To him it is prey. But then anything that moves is prey.

It turns off after 10 minutes so as not to "overstimulate" the cat but Buddy quickly learned how to turn it back on with his paw after seeing Chris do it. When it finally runs out of power he pushes it along to the nearest person and meows insistently. He knows that a human must now do something to it to make it go again. He also seems to understand that it takes time to power back up. After you plug it in he will come back after about an hour and meow again for the ball to be put down for him.

Buddy does not so much have "staff" as an entourage.
Lovely!
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:07:16 AM »
Oh, and let nobody forget - in his own mind that furry feline isn't a family pet - he's a tiny tiger!
Mike