Author Topic: Shelter Lottety This Morning  (Read 1043 times)

brian54

Shelter Lottety This Morning
« on: Feb 06, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »
I told the collection person to tell service users to get a job.

StephenM123

Re: Shelter Lottety This Morning
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
Where, what are you talking about?

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »
https://lottery.shelter.org.uk/home

How ironic if it encourages someone to start gambling, who then becomes addicted & loses their home.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
I doubt the top prize is going to encourage anybody to gamble....
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
I doubt the top prize is going to encourage anybody to gamble....

No, this is how it starts.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

StephenM123

« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2020, 01:56:32 PM »
Well Brian you caught me out there! I thought you were in a bus shelter or collecting a trolley in Tesco's car park.

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2020, 08:02:48 PM »
What's first prize? A bus shelter?

stellamaris

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2020, 08:06:13 PM »
To me this looks like crowd-funding for lawyers and counsellors. To help them to move the homeless on more quickly to Housing Associations, local Councils and other tax funded institutions.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

brian54

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »
To me this looks like crowd-funding for lawyers and counsellors. To help them to move the homeless on more quickly to Housing Associations, local Councils and other tax funded institutions.

Birmingham asked for money last year to help the homeless. I e mailed the leader of the council back saying  all he had to do was send a few staff around saying to the homeless '' Get a job''.

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:05:56 AM »

Oooo!  Brian . You are my hero... You make me go weak at the knees.. My little ol' heart races away and I feel a swoon coming on..  How brave you are.. xxxxxxx
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2020, 10:14:11 AM »

Shelter is basically a charitable organisation that supports people who are homeless, vulnerably housed, likely to lose their homes, living in dreadful conditions, etc.  I've supported them in the past, when I was working and had more money.  Now I just donate a box for a homeless person at Christmas.  Similarly I've supported the project run at Sheffield Cathedral for the homeless. Most of the helpers there are volunteers.

I think Brian should pay a visit to Sheffield, and perhaps visit the Archer project.  I'm sure the genuinely homeless people would welcome his point of view.   ;D

https://england.shelter.org.uk/
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

stellamaris

« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:47:25 PM »
Shelter is basically a charitable organisation that supports people who are homeless, vulnerably housed, likely to lose their homes, living in dreadful conditions, etc.  I've supported them in the past, when I was working and had more money.  Now I just donate a box for a homeless person at Christmas.  Similarly I've supported the project run at Sheffield Cathedral for the homeless. Most of the helpers there are volunteers.

I think Brian should pay a visit to Sheffield, and perhaps visit the Archer project.  I'm sure the genuinely homeless people would welcome his point of view.   ;D

https://england.shelter.org.uk/

Grannymac I've got no problems with Shelter or with lotteries.  I play a lottery for the local hospice and to date have never taken my prizes [mainly because they pay by cheque and it is easier to send it back than bank it].  But in the Shelter lottery it is difficult to see who they are paying and for what. Not volunteers obviously.  But thinking more about it, maybe it is a good thing anyway.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart