Author Topic: The Flotilla has left...and landed  (Read 5413 times)

digitalis

Re: The Flotilla has left...and landed
« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »
Got nothing to do? Kicking heels? Here's aninteresting live web cam that moves about Dover Harbour. Claim £200 and pass Go if yer lucky enough to see a lorry or a boat come in carrying folk! Mind you,a bit rough today

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/dover/dover-beach-kent.html

Alex22

« Reply #31 on: Feb 09, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
Interesting web cam thanks Digi.   It doesn't look as wild as I expected because on the news it said the Port of Dover was closed.

biglouis

« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
I would not want to go to a country where the majority of people loathed and despised me as a scrounger.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #33 on: Feb 09, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »
They don't seem to be too fussed about living somewhere full of unbelievers they decide have to be slaughtered.
So long and thanks for all the fish

digitalis

« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:14:08 PM »
I wondered if I had this right. After searching it seems true. There's bin an attempt by 'British migrants' to flee Britain to get back to Calais and France(first head from a source in Dover) Searhed,but couldn't confirm story. Now seen at the D Mirror. France has refused to take the ilegals that they sent to us,back.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gang-illegal-immigrants-caught-trying-21458944

That's the way to do it...as Sooty said to Sweep. Let the saps take the sweepings

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »
Another 102 reasons why ronyork won't get any help for his wife.

I was reading about the cost of looking after an 18 year old with a 'personality disorder'.  Its about £150k a year. A flat, with round the clock carers. In hindsight an institution would have been a better option. Sad that an elderly person can't get any help and has to be looked after by an equally elderly spouse. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7980371/How-taxpayers-forked-150-000-year-care-mentally-ill-Tate-pusher.html
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2020, 11:26:33 PM »
Sadly, an increasingly common situation as our lives get prolonged by the same system that at the same time is making those lives intolerable for some..My contact with the social worker who was supposed to be providing help consisted of a nice chat over a cuppa, her listening very well and tutting in the right places before she left me with a thick brochure, full-colour mind, entitled 'Paying For Your Care.' Published by the local council, ably assisted, judging by the pricing structures and recommendations, by AGE UK. An organisation I'm beginning to seriously wonder about..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:19:53 AM »
You shouldn't have to pay for your care. What about all that money you paid over in taxes that is still sitting in the kitty?

People here deserve to be treated as Kings and Queens for what we have put into the system and a tax free allowance of at least £35000 pa

Immigrants should be double taxed for the first 10 years until they have begun to make a real contribution to this country.

As for these so called asylum seekers they should be made to work for free helping older and vulnerable British born citizens with their housework, shopping etc. A sort of workfare to repay the obligation to their betters.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:38:50 AM »
You think giving each elderly person who needs care a refugee would let them sleep easier in their chair?..I seriously doubt it but perhaps some road gangs, no, not chain gangs! ;D ..or similar would be a good idea. Oh..just because we're better off doesn't make us their betters..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:27:49 AM »

I was reading about the cost of looking after an 18 year old with a 'personality disorder'.  Its about £150k a year. A flat, with round the clock carers. In hindsight an institution would have been a better option.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7980371/How-taxpayers-forked-150-000-year-care-mentally-ill-Tate-pusher.html

An institution would be far better.

The article also shows that autism can be a dangerous condition.

But it just goes to prove, as if any more proof is needed, that those who've paid into the system will always be those who get the least out of it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #40 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:33:58 AM »
Sadly, an increasingly common situation as our lives get prolonged by the same system that at the same time is making those lives intolerable for some..My contact with the social worker who was supposed to be providing help consisted of a nice chat over a cuppa, her listening very well and tutting in the right places before she left me with a thick brochure, full-colour mind, entitled 'Paying For Your Care.' Published by the local council, ably assisted, judging by the pricing structures and recommendations, by AGE UK. An organisation I'm beginning to seriously wonder about..

I hope she applied for Attendance Allowance for you zoony.  It's intended for older people who need some support, and its not means tested.  It could pay for a few hours help a week.   

Your local authority may have selected Age UK as the provider of some services, including advice, to older people.  However, there is help they can directly offer too, something might be of use : https://www.stockporthomes.org/advice-and-support/support-in-the-home/

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:40:54 AM »

I've always said that Age Concern, as it was when I contacted them & now Age UK, are a waste-of-space.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #42 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
Local branches may be different Diasi.  I know they've helped quite a few older people here, in terms of benefit claims, mobility aids and housing issues.  Like a CAB for older people.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:51:03 AM »
I wondered if I had this right. After searching it seems true. There's bin an attempt by 'British migrants' to flee Britain to get back to Calais and France(first head from a source in Dover) Searhed,but couldn't confirm story. Now seen at the D Mirror. France has refused to take the ilegals that they sent to us,back.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gang-illegal-immigrants-caught-trying-21458944

That's the way to do it...as Sooty said to Sweep. Let the saps take the sweepings

Just read the attached article.  It states that these people were sent back to Britain under a reciprocal arrangement for illegals.  I wonder if the recent boat loads were sent back to France under the same arrangements? 

klondike

« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
I wonder if the recent boat loads were sent back to France under the same arrangements?
It's the way you tell 'em  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish