Author Topic: Shamima Begum  (Read 1258 times)

Alex22

Shamima Begum
« on: Feb 07, 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
Shamima Begum has lost her appeal against losing her British Citizenship, she intends to appeal.   I've been listening to a phone in about this woman, those with Asian sounding names all want her back, British sounding names/voices say she should stay where she is.    Do you think it's time she was brought back to the UK, put on trial and given a long prison sentence  ?

zoony

Re: Shamima Begum
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:09:09 PM »
I think it's a complicated one Alex and a view might depend on whichever newspaper one reads or tv progs one watches..My sympathies are with her one remaining child, a little boy. She shouldn't be punished ad infinitum for a decision she made at 16 and had no choice but to stand by but I'll leave it to those who know more to say more.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:13:02 PM »
Let the bitch rot in hell.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:14:07 PM »
Her father is a pakistani and she is married to a pakistani. No more than very weak connections to our country.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
Sorry to nitpick, but Begum is of Bangladeshi ethnicity, her mother has a Bangladeshi passport, and that's where her father lives.   Her husband is Dutch, and has been given a 6 year sentence, in his absence, by the Dutch courts.  His Dutch citizenship has not been revoked.  His appearance suggests his ethnicity is Asian, but his name is Yago Riedijk, a historically Dutch name.  Perhaps he is mixed race.  He converted to Islam so wasn't brought up in the faith, and his family appear to have lived in the Netherlands for a long time.

I would prefer she was brought back to the UK, and put on trial.    Surely the intelligence service want to find out why these young people become radicalised? 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:27:09 PM »
Sorry to nitpick, but Begum is of Bangladeshi ethnicity, her mother has a Bangladeshi passport, and that's where her father lives.   Her husband is Dutch, and has been given a 6 year sentence, in his absence, by the Dutch courts.  His Dutch citizenship has not been revoked.  His appearance suggests his ethnicity is Asian, but his name is Yago Riedijk, a historically Dutch name.  Perhaps he is mixed race.  He converted to Islam so wasn't brought up in the faith, and his family appear to have lived in the Netherlands for a long time.

I would prefer she was brought back to the UK, and put on trial.    Surely the intelligence service want to find out why these young people become radicalised?
I was grateful for your first paragraph which corrected all the errors made by others.

Your second paragraph I think is ridiculous
  I cannot believe anyone, least of all the security service, believe these men and women are radicalised under the influence of a third party.  They are consumed with hatred and murderous intent and that isn't  instilled in them by a malevalent third party.
You can't deradicalise them.
Let her rot wherever she finds herself.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »

If there's the slightest chance of her coming back to the UK then I'd prefer that she dies in Syria, together with her remaining child. ( I didn't realise she has one).

I'm sure the Russian airforce would oblige if we gave them the wink.

I don't think it takes a security expert to work out why they become radicalised & I couldn't care less why they do.

We need to subcontract the elimination of Muslim radicals to the Israeli Mossad.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:58:36 PM »
She is ethnically Bangladeshi that's where she belongs and should be sent back to live with her father.   Why waste money on charging her with terrorism in Britain, a trial, sending her to jail and all the cost of security and following her when she's let out as you can't trust her and we are stuck with her.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »
She is ethnically Bangladeshi that's where she belongs and should be sent back to live with her father.  Why waste money on charging her with terrorism in Britain, a trial, sending her to jail and all the cost of security and following her when she's let out as you can't trust her and we are stuck with her.

She'll be a danger for the rest of her life.

All this so-called radicalisation is a load of of rubbish, she made her own decisions.

Radicalisation is another establishment social engineering project, designed to fool the gullible into treating scum like Begum as innocent victims, who will not be a threat once they've done a few AA type 12 steps deradicalisation meetings.

Well just as an addict is always an addict, a terrorist will always be a terrorist.

Except when a terrorist 'falls off the wagon', a concert venue full of children will get blown up.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

ronyork

« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2020, 07:42:40 AM »
Keep her out,and any of her mates ,we want no sob stories about the children,,

Cee Gee

« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:38:18 AM »
Keep her out of this country. I want no part of the taxes I pay to be put to her benefit. What kind of woman could even look at severed heads in a bucket, she had no sympathy for the victims. Any PC brigade who wants to gratify themselves with sympathy let it be for her victims and not for her. She along with her ilk can rot in hell.

brian54

« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »
I have some sympathy with a Shamima Begum I know. She works and she is contributing to a pension scheme and paying tax. The problem is she looks very much like the criminal. I hope she is not attacked by vigulantes.

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
I have some sympathy with a Shamima Begum I know. She works and she is contributing to a pension scheme and paying tax. The problem is she looks very much like the criminal. I hope she is not attacked by vigulantes.

She is is a refugee camp.  What job with a with a pension scheme does she have?  and who does she pay her taxes too?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
I think that this is a Brian fantasy
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2020, 11:12:26 AM »

She is in a refugee camp.  What job with a with a pension scheme does she have?  and who does she pay her taxes too?

Its another Shamima Begum according to Brian.  ;)   I agree with Mike.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais