Author Topic: The Megs and Hary story...continued  (Read 454 times)

digitalis

The Megs and Hary story...continued
« on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:24:21 AM »
He's bin in therapy for 7 years now. Cry me a river. Have I got this right. They're straight onto the charity after dinner speaking jobs now. Gave a charity dinner job for one of the big top honcho accountancy firms t'other night. Black tie night. All chief honchos and wives on the £1 million night. They got around £500k to £1million  for their presencebeing . And...have plans,or hav already bin flying off to Italy to give talks on 'the-giving-foundation'. Again,international bankers and big-wigs all seated,all dressed up,all a-talking on how tough life is...being 'at the top'. Spare me the violins! I think the gist is 'it's tough. I know your pain. We each have 10 Lears and 13 mansions,6 councilors,but we are human too,the homeless sleep on the streets,but their mental problems areno equal to ours'.
This is really sick. Very sick.
Can you imagine the folk all there in adoration? The sicko charity bosses. The bankers. The financial chancers and robbers. All it needs is the good looking 9 - 14 year old white trash girls in swim suits,numbers on wrists.
Sicko. Completely sicko.

BazzerPontefract

Re: The Megs and Hary story...continued
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2020, 10:36:17 AM »
RonYork2
Your Bitterness appears to be getting the better of Rationality.
The Labour Left would be in harness with your views - there's only one group responsible for the worlds problems, anyone with a bit of cash.
If Harry and Megan can be accused of Hypocrasy, the vast majority of us can be accused of hypocrisy.
So tell me, every time you pass a beggar, or a pretend beggar, do you empty your Current Account to put them on the road to becoming a contributor to society.

digitalis

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
Theyflew to Miami was the last report: dining with Jenny-from-the bloc!!

T'other  day it was into J P Morgan bash: £500k earned

Just before or after it was Italy.

Those Scotalnd Yard detectives must be knocking up the free mile stamps. They fetch H and Ms coffee so I last read.

Woz it Prof David 'Prickly' Starky or the LucyHistorian gal who disclosed that Royalty once employed the butt-pooper-wiper,and it woz a well respected job. Merde o Riley!  Talk about taking the P155!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »
You are thinking of the much sought after post of Groom of the Stool. I'm not sure if the job is still current.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2020, 11:22:11 AM »
I know it was a job everyone wanted, but I don't understand why. Lazy Royal Scunners should have wiped their own rear ends...……..Shudder. :-X

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2020, 12:04:42 PM »
I don't know if there really was arse wiping involved but the position put the person close to the King - possibly the nearest thing to a friend they could have. I came across a program on Henry 8th on TV last night where that was mentioned. The bloke with the job was among those almost certainly falsely accused of rogering Anne Boleyn who got the chop at the same time as her and the presenter said it would have been an additional blow to Henry to have lost such a close friend as well as his wife. He got over it in short order though as he was married again 11 days later.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2020, 12:16:56 PM »
Of all the Kings throughout History that Henry 8th made my blood run cold. A real horror of a man.

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:27:21 PM »
I bet if you asked a random group of folks to name an English king that he would probably be the one most frequently named.

I recalled the name of the game show based on this idea while I was typing to say I couldn't - Family Fortunes.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
You are thinking of the much sought after post of Groom of the Stool. I'm not sure if the job is still current.

The last monarch to have Groom of the Stool was Edward V11 who had one when he was Prince of Wales but he abolished the post after he became King in 1901, so Royal arse-wipes haven't been confined to history for very long.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:53:38 PM »
I saw the program on Anne Boleyn and Henry.  People forget that for the first 20 or so years of his reign Henry was athletic and good looking. He only began to put on weight when a jousting accident opened an old wound in his leg which never healed. He was knocked unconscious and there is also a theory that damaged his brain as his personality appears to have changed after that.

I also believe Anne was innocent of the charges because she made her confession to Cranmer. In those days people really believed they would burn in hell if they failed to make a truthful last confession. She would not have risked that.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:57:39 PM »
I saw the program on Anne Boleyn and Henry.  People forget that for the first 20 or so years of his reign Henry was athletic and good looking. He only began to put on weight when a jousting accident opened an old wound in his leg which never healed. He was knocked unconscious and there is also a theory that damaged his brain as his personality appears to have changed after that.

I also believe Anne was innocent of the charges because she made her confession to Cranmer. In those days people really believed they would burn in hell if they failed to make a truthful last confession. She would not have risked that.

Yes, it was an ulcerated leg that saw him off.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:54:19 AM »
Well there were no antibiotics in those days or understanding of the dangers of infection. That was probably why Jane Seymour died so soon after giving birth to Henry's only (legimate) son. It was called "childbed" fever but probably just infection caused by insanitary conditions.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »
Because of all the lavish layers of clothing, ie Elizabeth 1, it wouldn't be physically possible to wipe ones own bum, I think that is the origin of that one.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:36:20 AM »
It could be. When I had bad backache I had difficulties but managed the task by using the other hand. Probably too much information I suppose  :o