Author Topic: No Sympathy From Me  (Read 3804 times)

StephenM123

No Sympathy From Me
« on: Feb 08, 2020, 05:48:02 PM »
A mother and her daughters were classed as too big for business class. Having suffered train, plane and bus journeys with a "whale" next to me!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51276016

Once I was charged excess baggage for 2 kilos over. The person next to me was probably 50 kilos overweight!

zoony

Re: No Sympathy From Me
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2020, 06:28:37 PM »
A mother and her daughters were classed as too big for business class. Having suffered train, plane and bus journeys with a "whale" next to me!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51276016

Once I was charged excess baggage for 2 kilos over. The person next to me was probably 50 kilos overweight!

From your lips to Easy Jet's ears..But I bet they've already thought of it.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »
At least they were doing something about their weight, they'd had surgery to stop them eating. It's they way it was handled they are complaining about and I don't blame them at all. What was wrong with taking them aside and quietly telling them, not whipping out the tape measure and exclaiming in a loud voice, embarrassing the the hell out of them. It was disgraceful behaviour on the airlines part.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2020, 07:15:44 PM »
That was supposed to be their return journey, so how did they do the outward journey?

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
Presumably in economy class as that's what it says they were moved to. No comments about cattle class please as that would be plain rude.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »
That was supposed to be their return journey, so how did they do the outward journey?

Probably Qantas I'd think.. I have a certain amount of sympathy for their bruised feelings but perhaps the unkind reality check will help to make their weight-loss easier..They must know it makes sense..

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:00:08 PM »
Hard to believe they fit into economy class but not business class. Wasn't it Winnie the Pooh had to stay where he was until he had lost a bit of weight?

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:07:45 PM »
They remind me of the Golightly's. Lol  ;D

Watch the clip from the 6 minute point.

https://bit.ly/2ulLgVC
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:15:19 PM »
Hard to believe they fit into economy class but not business class. Wasn't it Winnie the Pooh had to stay where he was until he had lost a bit of weight?
Yes, he got stuck in a window - was it in rabbit's house?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:24:32 PM »
It's not just aircraft, you can be banned from taxis as well.

This couple were. :o

https://bit.ly/2H9koee

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2020, 10:30:49 PM »

Yeah..Something to do with gorging himself on honey..I'd bet that there are more obese folk in economy than business. Better off people tend to eat more sensibly and have a better diet plus exercise..That's a fact. Many people on lower incomes eat more and of the wrong foods. Sorry if that's not a popular thing to say and it's a generalisation but it's true. I'd put a link here but it's easy enough to find.

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »
 You can buy a seat belt extension at Amazon so there is no need to ask the airline for one if you think you will need it.
  There was time when I put on a lot of weight due to under active thyroid until I began taking medication to control it and gradually lost weight. If anyone in a public facing position had said anything derogatory to me I would have sued the ass off them. Love taking on big companies.

A few weeks ago a staff member in Azda called my nephew a "silly old fart" and I encouraged him to make a formal complaint. They sent him a £50 voucher and a letter of apology. He still goes into Azda and has not seen that assistant on the counter since.

If that was her way of behaving towards a paying customer then she had probably been reported before and may have been on a final warning.

There was a time when I had to ask people to leave my library because they were "offensively unclean in person or dress" as the bi-law stated. Another time I had to speak to a reader about making embarrassing remarks to young female staff. However I always took them onto one side to do it.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2020, 06:41:56 AM »

A few weeks ago a staff member in Azda called my nephew a "silly old fart" and I encouraged him to make a formal complaint. They sent him a £50 voucher and a letter of apology. He still goes into Azda and has not seen that assistant on the counter since.

An explanation of the stupid thing your nephew had done or said would have been helpful.

The fact that the assistant shouldn't have called him a "silly old fart" doesn't mean he wasn't a "silly old fart".

Does he still act like a "silly old fart", or has he moderated his behaviour?

Bee

« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2020, 07:02:41 AM »
Phil as a retired cashier at Morrisons, I appreciate your comment.......cashiers have to put up with a lot from some customers.
The only way is up....

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2020, 07:09:48 AM »
Phil as a retired cashier at Morrisons, I appreciate your comment.......cashiers have to put up with a lot from some customers.

On more than a few occasions I've asked the cashier how they managed not to say anything to a rude customer.

I'd struggle, as you probably know. Lol.  ;D