Author Topic: No Sympathy From Me  (Read 3809 times)

Diasi

Re: No Sympathy From Me
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:52:42 AM »
If that is the reason she did not check then perhaps she should have told the customer the reason..

We don't know that the assistant didn't give the 'silly old fart' an explanation, as we weren't in the store & neither was biglouis.

She's stating, as a fact, something that she's merely been told & has no personal knowledge whether it happened or not.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

granny moss

« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:22:16 AM »
When we had a minimarket in a village, our next door neighbour used to come to the shop for one item at a time...she infuriated Micky one day and he chased her out with a broom....We ended been very good neighbours and with their children and ours, had lots of fun dancing in our large living room...Zorba the greek  :D :D :D We sold the shop, and I registered as a Freelance in a Model Agency in Norwich. I did all sorts of different jobs, but when promoting foods to custumers in shops, the said customers were all very charming to me...Maybe because I tend to smile to people, and I find smiles come back...It always worked with me, and I still chuckle and smile a lot. Micky was the same. Always smiling, even to passers by and to those ready for a chat. He had given up smoking and always carried a pocket full of Marry mints...Everyone happening to stop, got one...even the bus drivers, the check out girls, girls at the Bank counter....He got known   as the Murreymint granddad..... :D :D :D Oh, Happy times!....gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
We don't know that the assistant didn't give the 'silly old fart' an explanation, as we weren't in the store & neither was biglouis.

She's stating, as a fact, something that she's merely been told & has no personal knowledge whether it what happened or not.

Heresay is not evidence! as Judge Judy always points out. 😉
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »

Heresay is not evidence! as Judge Judy always points out. 😉

She also says... 'Don't p*ss up my leg and tell me it's raining'.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.