Author Topic: Lots of damage in the Midlands  (Read 324 times)

brian54

Lots of damage in the Midlands
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:52:19 AM »
I think the correct decision was made to cancei the 4.30am running club yesterday. Several trees are down.

StephenM123

Re: Lots of damage in the Midlands
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
Lots of damage everywhere. On Three Counties Radio problems included trains suspended because of trampolines in overhead wires and on the tracks - an appeal was issued for people to attach these firmly to the ground. Part of Luton Rail Station roof also came off. Most parts of the UK were affected!

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »

I was very lucky down here in the South.. I feel for those who had such bad damage to property...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:06:10 AM »
Lots of damage everywhere. On Three Counties Radio problems included trains suspended because of trampolines in overhead wires and on the tracks - an appeal was issued for people to attach these firmly to the ground. Part of Luton Rail Station roof also came off. Most parts of the UK were affected!

I never fail to be amazed by the morons who leave trampolines up when strong winds are forecast.

They should be sued for negligence.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:30:59 AM »
The vagaries of the weather eh? Barely 40 miles from Sutton and we had under 3mm rain and the winds were well less than a gale. A lucky escape.

I don't think I'd have ventured out yesterday in the conditions you faced just to inspect the route and report on that downed tree as you did Brian. True dedication.
So long and thanks for all the fish

StephenM123

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »
GARDEN SALE

6 trampolines
21 fence panels (various)
50 (approx) roof tiles
2 green and one brown wheelie bin

New stock arriving hourly. Ring for prices.

brian54

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
3 unclaimed rubbish bins for sale.

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »
Hang on to them for when the bin men leave yours hanging on the back of their van.
So long and thanks for all the fish