Author Topic: Deportation  (Read 6703 times)

Hugh

Deportation
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:33:39 PM »
A plane with criminals now being deported tomorrow under a law by the Labour party. Black Labour party MP now crying about it and says should not happen. White Lawyers are also joining in, on hoping to make some money out of it I expect.

Ashy

Re: Deportation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:29:03 PM »
Funny how the so called labour party changed from being the party of British workers to the party of almost everything else.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »
You couldn't make it up! A judge of the court of Appeal is ordering theHO not to deport the Jamaicans unless 'they had access to a functioning non O2 Sim card on or before 3 February'
Apparently lawyers argued that some of those due to be deported tomorrow could not get legal advice due to issue with an O2 mast!
Mike  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:56:30 PM »
Oh, and Diane Abbott says removing the detainees was 'unfair', despite the Home Secretary saying every person on the flight had received a custodial sentence of 12 months or more  and that legislation introduced by the LABOUR government in 2007 meant that a deportation order must be made
Mike (seething!)

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:56:37 PM »
And the fees mount up..Can't fault 'em for trying though..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »
Some have lived here since childhood. They have wives, children and jobs here.  AFAIK they are not persistent criminals.

The situation may well change...
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:08:13 PM »
Some have lived here since childhood. They have wives, children and jobs here.  AFAIK they are not persistent criminals.

The situation may well change...

Their personal circumstances are irrelevant, if they fit the criteria for deportation that's all that matters.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »
The main thing is these criminals are not British citizens, if the flight gets stopped, then the whole deportation system becomes a farce.  Who is running this country ?

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:55:53 PM »
One of them was crying on TV this morning, a convicted Class A drugs dealer, wife and child here etc.  His life would be in danger in Jamaca.  He doesn't mind putting some one else child in danger dealing his filthy drugs.  No sympathy whatsoever, clear for takeoff.

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »
A Court of Appeal judge has ordered the Home Office not to deport people to Jamaica on Tuesday unless they had access to a functioning, non-O2 Sim card on or before 3 February.   The order comes after lawyers argued some set to be deported from two detention centres could not get legal advice due to issues with an O2 mast.

Bella Sankey, director of charity Detention Action, said she was "delighted" by the ruling adding that: "On the basis of this order from our Court of Appeal we do not believe that anyone currently detained at the Heathrow detention centres can be removed on tomorrow's [Tuesday's] flight."

Unbloodybelievable

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:04:53 AM »
Every non British citizen convicted of any crime should be automatically deported, no appeals, we don't want them, got enough of our own.

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:53:29 AM »
I have said this for some time - and to introduce deportation for quite minor crimes like drink driving, speeding etc. And I would also remove those granted so called "settled" status regardless of how long they have been here. If you are going to emigrate to another country then you betta keep your nose clean and your head down.

In fact I would deport their families along with them with no more than they can carry in a suitcase.  One of the most powerful ways of punishing someone is to punish their family along with them, including kids. That will make them feel twice as bad about what they did.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:39:46 AM »
These people are turning our country, like their own home land in a dangerous place to be. Prison over there very different to ours. Our prisons do not change them for the better, and they know our state system will look after their families.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »
News headline on the BBC site says 'campaigners delighted at court ruling'. Why anybody should be delighted that we have to put up with these people for even one more day is totally and utterly beyond me. This isn't being fair to the undesirables - it is a kick in the teeth for normal, decent people in this country
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:03:36 AM »
The law was made and past by the Labour party and the Conservative party will obey. The plane may be a little late taking off but I will be surprised if it doesn't.