Author Topic: Deportation  (Read 6706 times)

sparky

Re: Deportation
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:06:22 AM »
The way we fart around these criminal foreign scum infesting our country is pathetic, at the first sign of ANY criminal activity, they and their families should be on the next plane out, no appeals,  irrespective of how long they have been here.

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
In many cases I agree with deportation, but the Home Office still get things wrong.  This woman's life has been wrecked, and she's lost her job through no fault of her own.  She's not scum.  Each case on its own merits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47119070
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:49:42 AM »
. That will make them feel twice as bad about what they did.  
I doubt that.

Jacqueline

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:46:43 AM »
The plane took off apparently, unknown who if any were on board.  Crimes committed by potential deportees included, manslaughter, rape, violent crime, drug dealing.  The Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, are crying, this is the only country they have known etc. etc. Tough and good riddance.

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:54:23 AM »
In many cases I agree with deportation, but the Home Office still get things wrong.  This woman's life has been wrecked, and she's lost her job through no fault of her own.  She's not scum.  Each case on its own merits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47119070

So she came to the UK from the US, not a Windrush immigrant.

She then lives here for 35 years & doesn't think "Hmmm, maybe it's not a good idea only having a US passport, I'd better apply for a British passport".

If I can't be arsed to renew my driving licence is the police's fault I get prosecuted or is it my fault?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
The yobs will now know they won't just get away with an holiday in prison, and come out with a badge of honour, and rejoin the gangs. They can enjoy a life with the gangs of their home lands.

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:21:04 PM »
So she came to the UK from the US, not a Windrush immigrant.

She then lives here for 35 years & doesn't think "Hmmm, maybe it's not a good idea only having a US passport, I'd better apply for a British passport".

If I can't be arsed to renew my driving licence is the police's fault I get prosecuted or is it my fault?

Perhaps she wasn't as aware as you. She didn't lose her papers,  the authorities did.  Lots of folk don't have passports.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:27:08 PM »
I hope this woman gets help, maybe from the US Embassy  ?
Cases like this have nothing to do with the non British criminals facing deportation.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:55:05 PM »
If it doesn’t, never mind surprised, I would be totally  BLOODY  FURIOUS!,,
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »

Perhaps she wasn't as aware as you. She didn't lose her papers,  the authorities did.  Lots of folk don't have passports.

It's nothing to do with being aware, it's basic common sense & personal responsibility.

She did have a passport, a US passport so the common sense thing would have been to get a UK passport & ask the authorities to issue duplicate documents.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:06:04 PM »
I just hope this is just the beginning.
Teach by setting an example. Immigrants who arrive here ought to realise their entry in to this country is a privilege & not a right.
Commit a crime then a one way ticket from whence you came. No appeal whatsoever.

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
I just hope this is just the beginning.
Teach by setting an example. Immigrants who arrive here ought to realise their entry in to this country is a privilege & not a right.
Commit a crime then a one way ticket from whence you came. No appeal whatsoever.

I 100% agree.

Get shut of them, they've all committed serious offences, & the arguments about them being here from childhood is just sheer rubbish.

That stupid woman, Diane Abbottomus, unable to show that the deportees are British citizens, is now playing the British Resident card & is saying they should be allowed to stay as criminals on that basis.

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:06:45 PM »
D Abbott must have a skin as thick as herself to be still in Parliament, given her racist and self-serving views and patronising attitude. Doesn't say much for Labour that she's still Shadow Home Sec..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »
Tail trying to wag the dog again and again.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:15:40 PM »
now what does one call a female dog?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!