Author Topic: Deportation  (Read 6702 times)

klondike

Re: Deportation
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:24:04 AM »
Was the jail so remote that there was only one mast hosting O2 within range? Seems strange that over 50% were on O2 as well if the figures quoted in this thread are correct.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:32:00 AM »
It's a con to my mind - any excuse!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
The sort of lawyers involved in this particular case are far more interested in boosting their income than ensuring fairness IMO.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #48 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:30:45 AM »
agreed (with the accent on GREED)
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #49 on: Feb 13, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
The 25 who have managed to get their deportation delayed included one person convicted of manslaughter, two rapists, seven convicted for crimes of violence, the rest include convictions for firearms offences, burglary and 14 drug dealers - just the sort of diversity we so badly need in this country.
The grounds for the appeal? An O2 signal failure on the (from memory) 3rd of February meant that they were unable to obtain adequate legal advice.
Does anybody really believe such a story - a story unprovable - for how do you disprove the claim 'my phone wouldn't work and therefore......' And how come they couldn't get the advice after the service failure was rectified?
Another example of the judiciary bending over backwards to find even the mist ridiculous reasons for being nice to the scum infecting our streets
Mike

There must be big money for lawyers in this immigration/immigrants rights industry. 

For example there are women going to Family Courts, facing abusive husbands for access to their children who can't get legal aid, and have to represent themselves.  Is this fair when some rapist/drug dealer gets his legal aid for free?

Any non British citizen should not get legal aid at all, why should they? Let their own country pay for them.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2020, 12:57:03 PM »
Absolutely
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #51 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »

There must be big money for lawyers in this immigration/immigrants rights industry. 

Tony Blair's missus is a human rights lawyer so you tell me what possible motive he could have had for introducing a raft of human rights laws.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #52 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:48:43 PM »
Surely not!
Mike 😇😇

Ashy

« Reply #53 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »
Money talks. Doesn't say much to me but I am not a human rights lawyer.

biglouis

« Reply #54 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:19:44 PM »
 We should start building detention camps for illegal immigrants, asylum seekers or whatever they want to call themselves on some of the cold and windy islands off the coast of Scotland. Very BASIC accommodation with no TV, internet, etc. But not before we close off all the appeal routes.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Ashy

« Reply #55 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:02:54 AM »
The potty thing is they already built detention camps for themselves, in France. I think they should be sent back where they came from and make their visa application there, and if they won't tell us where they came from I can think of two options for them, neither is pleasant.

GrannyMac

« Reply #56 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:35:53 AM »

For example there are women going to Family Courts, facing abusive husbands for access to their children who can't get legal aid, and have to represent themselves.  Is this fair when some rapist/drug dealer gets his legal aid for free?

Any non British citizen should not get legal aid at all, why should they? Let their own country pay for them.

Family cases should get representation, especially where violence is involved.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #57 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
The potty thing is they already built detention camps for themselves, in France. I think they should be sent back where they came from and make their visa application there, and if they won't tell us where they came from I can think of two options for them, neither is pleasant.

With modern DNA they can pinpoint exactly where they came from.

Raven

« Reply #58 on: Feb 14, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
We should start building detention camps for illegal immigrants, asylum seekers or whatever they want to call themselves on some of the cold and windy islands off the coast of Scotland. Very BASIC accommodation with no TV, internet, etc. But not before we close off all the appeal routes.

Why land them on us? Send them back to where they came from we don't want them.

Diasi

« Reply #59 on: Feb 14, 2020, 01:46:41 PM »

Why land them on us? Send them back to where they came from we don't want them.

Well it's no use telling us, you need to tell Krankie because she can't get enough of em.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)