Author Topic: Time  (Read 112 times)

klondike

Time
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »
Sometimes it drags and sometimes it flies. For me the days don't pass especially fast but it sometimes seems that the months and years fly by.

Not always though. I keep all my favourite sites in a database and use a web app to present me with my own home page of them. I put my countdown to Brexit image on that page and although it seems we left an age ago it tells me that it was only just a tad over a week.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2020, 04:37:43 PM by klondike »

zoony

Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
Sometimes it drags and sometimes it flies. For me the days don't pass especially fast but it sometimes seems that the months and years fly by.

I think that Real time and time thought of retrospectively are very different things..It's a fact that time viewed this way will concertina because most of it is hum-drum with small islands of memorable to give it some perspective..Time doesn't care at all, it just passes.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:07:17 PM »
It is odd, isnít it? Most days seem to drag on for ages, yet weeks and months seem to fly by. Friday it will be a year since our little dog had to be put to sleep, and some days it seems no time at all ago, others I seem to have been without her almost for ever
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
I find the summer days go so much faster than the winter ones. Always out n about in the good weather, today has really dragged being stuck in the house thanks to the weather.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »
It's Monday now, just, and I bet I'll soon be saying Gawd is it Friday tomorrow already ?  I seem to do it every week.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2020, 04:32:03 AM »
Me too
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
I put up reminder cards for stuff it is important I don't forget. My old one to put the bins out also said "it's that time again" as a nod to the amount of times I've said just that but I recently replaced it.

RoyMail

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:43:41 PM »
 As Einstein said ď Time is Relative indeed for me  the winter months now drag on and on , they didnít when I was a kid ,I woke up each day eager to see if it had snowed , in my old age I now hibernate ,and look forward to Summer ,and  yes winter drags,on and on,  and what we laughingly call summer passes in a flash , for me  time = aging

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:04:47 AM »
It's not time that's the problem..Reading these posts it seems like it's our way of dealing with it that is flawed... ;)
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites