Author Topic: Time  (Read 354 times)

klondike

Time
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »
Sometimes it drags and sometimes it flies. For me the days don't pass especially fast but it sometimes seems that the months and years fly by.

Not always though. I keep all my favourite sites in a database and use a web app to present me with my own home page of them. I put my countdown to Brexit image on that page and although it seems we left an age ago it tells me that it was only just a tad over a week.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
Sometimes it drags and sometimes it flies. For me the days don't pass especially fast but it sometimes seems that the months and years fly by.

I think that Real time and time thought of retrospectively are very different things..It's a fact that time viewed this way will concertina because most of it is hum-drum with small islands of memorable to give it some perspective..Time doesn't care at all, it just passes.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:07:17 PM »
It is odd, isn’t it? Most days seem to drag on for ages, yet weeks and months seem to fly by. Friday it will be a year since our little dog had to be put to sleep, and some days it seems no time at all ago, others I seem to have been without her almost for ever
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
I find the summer days go so much faster than the winter ones. Always out n about in the good weather, today has really dragged being stuck in the house thanks to the weather.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »
It's Monday now, just, and I bet I'll soon be saying Gawd is it Friday tomorrow already ?  I seem to do it every week.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2020, 04:32:03 AM »
Me too
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
I put up reminder cards for stuff it is important I don't forget. My old one to put the bins out also said "it's that time again" as a nod to the amount of times I've said just that but I recently replaced it.
So long and thanks for all the fish

RoyMail

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:43:41 PM »
 As Einstein said “ Time is Relative indeed for me  the winter months now drag on and on , they didn’t when I was a kid ,I woke up each day eager to see if it had snowed , in my old age I now hibernate ,and look forward to Summer ,and  yes winter drags,on and on,  and what we laughingly call summer passes in a flash , for me  time = aging

Look and Listen but keep Stumm

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:04:47 AM »
It's not time that's the problem..Reading these posts it seems like it's our way of dealing with it that is flawed... ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.