Author Topic: So what?  (Read 364 times)

zoony

So what?
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »
Now we have to endure the difficulties of blending two families to become a step-family..I don't know how much money Rio Ferdinand made from sharing his heroic efforts to be a single dad, last year was it?, following the sad loss of his wife, but it must have been a decent wad cos now he's found a new true love he's doing it again..A very rich man tugging at our heartstrings again..My money's on a new one, in a year or two, explaining how difficult a divorce is when it affects the new-ish family..Tell you what Rio..Give all your wealth away and do it the way most folk have to, then I might listen..but probably not.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

Re: So what?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:01:09 PM »
I remember Bette Davis on Parkinson years ago:
" i've been depressed and heartbroken when poor, and depressed and heartbroken when stinking rich- i know which one i prefer".
Masks are muzzles

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:48:43 PM »
Me too.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:48:42 PM »
It seems these quasi-famous people can get paid for anything the rest  of us just get on with. I'd have an in-grown toenail, with these folks it'd be  "Amputation fears: My Zadek's Hell by Somebody-you-might've-seen-in Corrie Actress." And a quick 5-10k hits the bank account..Jealous? ME??...Just a little perhaps. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »
Don't think it is jealousy...it just seems the mighty sick media machine is doing it's job...paid hacks feeding us this cack..and then dumbing us down with endless Dance Shows, Cookery and now...bleddy pottery throwdown tripe...gimme a paper banjo and Tessie O'shea.
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:59:32 PM »
Don't think it is jealousy...it just seems the mighty sick media machine is doing it's job...paid hacks feeding us this cack..and then dumbing us down with endless Dance Shows, Cookery and now...bleddy pottery throwdown tripe...gimme a paper banjo and Tessie O'shea.

Daytime TV is God's way of telling you to get a hobby..

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:05:34 PM »

Good job you didn't call her 'Two Ton Tessie', today's PC snowflakes would have melted..

Ooh!, I just have.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ode Iron

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »
Thanks zoony and Diasi...you have made me laugh!
That was Tessie's handle i believe.
She was in The Blue Lamp film with Dirk Bogarde...good old film.
Masks are muzzles