Author Topic: need to see a doctor, ?? youll be lucky,.  (Read 148 times)

klondike

Re: need to see a doctor, ?? youll be lucky,.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »
I'd guess that that was a common hospital experience. It certainly used to happen in these parts.

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:53:20 PM »
If you can ever get an appointment these days you will find that you can still end up with a lengthy wait. Probably all the double booking anticipating no shows. I don't recall long waits being a feature of going to the doctors in days of yore. Mind you it wasn't often I went then. Or now either come to that because it is hardly worth trying to get an appointment unless you are at death's door.

Doctors are constrained by time limits to appointments. The reason there's often a wait is because there are many patients who need longer than the 5-10 min slot allocated for a number of reasons plus the time spent up-dating their notes. Imo, it's unfair to blame the doctor when the fault is with the system. The sensible thing is to take something to read, relax and be a patient patient.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Ashy

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
Except for physiotherapy sessions all my hospital experiences have been wait and wait.
Remainers have the rest of 2020 to transition to rejoiners

little bob

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:40:08 PM »
I rang up at ipm yesterday to book an appointment for to-day the receptionist told me there were no appointments available for to-day.
I explained to her that the doctor had asked for me to come in within a few seconds I was told to come in at 9-50am --I arrived at 9-35am within 3 minutes I was with the doctor and back out at 9-55 you cant beat that.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 07:43:27 PM by little bob »