Author Topic: Ofcom to Police Internet  (Read 1152 times)

StephenM123

Re: Ofcom to Police Internet
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »
As you say. To my mind, however, this is quite wrong. In theory, one could live in Westminster and represented the Orkney islands - how ridiculous is that?
Mike

I think some years ago one MP actually lived in France or Belgium. Wonder what his attendance was like and how often his constituents saw him? But WTF did they vote for him?

sparky

« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:42:26 PM »

To my mind, however, this is quite wrong. In theory, one could live in Westminster and represented the Orkney islands - how ridiculous is that?

No more ridiculous than 95% of them that live in different world but still represent us

klondike

« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
My own MP was once an MEP and thanks to a Labour election leaflet I read (presumably while drunk or terminally bored) I now know that he actually lives 80 miles away from the constituency. Still at least he writes to me - I got an invite to donate or join the Conservative party just today. Still waiting on a couple of replies to emails from abaout 6 months back though. Had there been any viable alternative there is no chance he would have got my vote.
So long and thanks for all the fish