Author Topic: Turkey ready for War  (Read 876 times)

Hugh

Turkey ready for War
« on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:13:34 PM »
Threat from Turkey if any of its troop in the Syria buffer zone get hurt they will invade. Whats happening in the buffer zone at the moment is very likely to happen.

Jacqueline

Re: Turky ready for War
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
And that lot were going to join the EU!

Hugh

Re: Turkey ready for War
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
I honestly believe they are in the right on this one Jacqueline. They are trying to protect thousands of innocent people in the buffer zone. Russia bombing and Syria using illegal barrel bombs, just hope they take Turky threat serious and back off.

richmond62

Re: Turky ready for War
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »
Where is Turky?

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:43:14 PM »
Turkey next to Syria

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:20:33 PM »
As far as I know Turkey is quite usually in a high state of readiness for war, they maintain a large army and navy. The problem with Syria is who is running the militia these days? Syria was no trouble to anyone before it kicked off.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
Syria can do what ever it likes with the backing of Russia. Anything NATO would like to do is blocked by a Russian VETO.So thousands of innocent people getting murdered and NATO doing nothing >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »
I honestly believe they are in the right on this one Jacqueline. They are trying to protect thousands of innocent people in the buffer zone. Russia bombing and Syria using illegal barrel bombs, just hope they take Turky threat serious and back off.
Hugh,
You completely misunderstand Turkey's role here - they are not trying to protect anyone.  They want to keep the Kurds away from their border, which is why they invaded north Syria.
They are now simply looking for an excuse to go further into Syria so they can massacre the Kurds.  Cross out Armenians insert Kurds.

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
Quite true they wish to kill the Kurds. But that's just part of the story they still wish to keep the safety zone to avoid thousand of people crossing the border for safety.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:33:50 PM »
Quite true they wish to kill the Kurds. But that's just part of the story they still wish to keep the safety zone to avoid thousand of people crossing the border for safety.
Hugh,
Again  I think you read this wrong.
The Turks are interested in no ones safety, all that interests them is empire.  Deny the Kurds a country of their own , and occupy as much of north Syria as they can get away with.
Who is going to stop a Kurdish genocide - not the EU, France nor Germany
Turkey thinks it can get away with anything - a fifth column in Germany and millions of Syrian and Iraqi it can push north.to destabilise Europe.

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was the Kurds that fought so hard against Isis, and those brave fighting women were Kurds?  They seem to me to be the good guys.

When we were in Turky 25+ years ago there were photos of Mustafa Kamel Ataturk everywhere, he tried to modernise Turky, banned the burka.  Erdigan seems to be reversing all that, Mrs Erdigan is wrapped up, don't think he is a good guy.

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
To get away from this debate between us, the facts are Russia are bombing in the buffer zone area and the Syrian forces dropping barrel bombs on there own people along with Kurds IS forces and any one else who happen to be there. Very likely Turkey forces also in the area. 

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:13:58 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was the Kurds that fought so hard against Isis, and those brave fighting women were Kurds?  They seem to me to be the good guys.
Jac,
Every single point correct