Author Topic: Give up Your Toilet Roll for the Enviroment?  (Read 507 times)

Jacqueline

Give up Your Toilet Roll for the Enviroment?
« on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »
I was watching a bit of the Good Morning programme today.  (Before anyone thinks I am a wastral who watched TV all day, I record programmes and  flip through to find interesting snippets).

They were talking about the waste of paper involved in the good old loo roll, how many trees cut down etc.  The ideal it seems is wash not wipe, a bidet or one of these super dooper wash and blow dry loos, wouldn't mind one actually. I remember many years ago on holiday in Turky hose pipes by the loo, not for tourists though.

The other item mentioned, that will turn your stomach is Terry towling square wippers that you use to wipe your bum, put into a little box by your loo until you wash them! Yuuk! The presenter said it's only like washing Terry nappies!!!!

Did anyone else see this, and what do you all think about it?  Personally I'm not getting rid of my Asda Shades loo rolls any time soon.

mick607

Re: Give up Your Toilet Roll for the Enviroment?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:09:55 PM »
A prime example just how some backward third world countries live.
Is it India where it is normal to see people crapping in the street.?

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:17:29 PM »
The Koran specifies exactly how this entirely manual process should be undertaken. Paper doesn't get a mention. Nor does Terry toweling.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ode Iron

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:30:26 PM »
Nice posts!
I do so recall when building 3 and 4 bed houses in Nottm- many Asians had toilet bowls replaced on 3 or 4 occasions- as the houses were new and we were still building- the Site Agent sent me in to suss out the problem..simples- the Asian fellas stood on the bowl and crouched...resulting in snapping the china at the base...the Company on 3 houses lifted a floor section..put in a small lintel or small rsj and bolted an industrial bowl to that!...true!!
Masks are muzzles

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
I may be wrong, but trying to visualise how a man can squat standing on the edge of a toilet bowl...Surely the anatomy of the leg, the shaking balance on the slippery china curved edge ,and the age and weight of the performer would make the task quite difficult to achieve? The mind boggles  :o I always wash my derriere with a flannel kept for the purpose, immersed in  warm water in my basin by the side....and the flannel is always washed clean. I think I put a stop at imitating cats...but wonder what chimps do ? :D :D :D gmx

Sheila

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
A prime example just how some backward third world countries live.
Is it India where it is normal to see people crapping in the street.?

We've been to India about fifteen times and have never seen that.  However my OH worked on a CCTV camera when he retired from the forces and has seen it in this country!

I think the idea of a little hose next to the toilet could be more hygienic than paper.  We have already booked for later in the year so will report back if I try it!