Author Topic: Dentures  (Read 3416 times)

sparky

Re: Dentures
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
Jacqueline, Yeah, very pricey, but I have to ask myself, when I finally snuff it, with all those thousands filing pass my open coffin, it would be nice if I had a toothful smile on my face, especially if I died having just scored, and I don't mean football. ;D ;D ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »
I have part dentures.  After years of problems with my teeth, extractions requiring stitches, bruised cheeks, abscesses, and too many fillings to count, I developed a serious phobia.  My last extractions were done privately, with deep sedation, which is costly, but safer than a GA.  I couldn't bear the thought of implants, because of the work involved.  Fortunate, because I couldn't afford them anyway!

I have however, found a great dental technician.  She's Russian. When I had to have a part lower denture, it was dreadful.  By going to her I cut out the middle man, ie the dentist.  She repairs, or makes new ones, and takes time to ensure they are comfortable.  I recommended her to a friend and she's really helped her too.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
Jacqueline, Yeah, very pricey, but I have to ask myself, when I finally snuff it, with all those thousands filing pass my open coffin, it would be nice if I had a toothful smile on my face, especially if I died having just scored, and I don't mean football. ;D ;D ;D

So long as your coffin lid can be closed. :o
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

stellamaris

« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
Like Grannymac, I have a partial denture.  It was for two tiny teeth next to the very back top tooth.  I had trouble for years with one of them, so I eventually had the two of them removed and replaced by an equally tiny partial.  Parts of both teeth are still in the gum [it would have been a bit surgical to get them all removed but they are completely dead].  It gives an extra place to grip on the denture which fits on the gum and slightly to the sides.  It is so invisible and comfortable that I have to feel for the edges to get it out.  I don't know what would happen if I get a gap on the other side.  Would I need two little ones, or would it be 3 on a palate? Not sure I could cope with that.  I did accidentally throw the first one away and had to get a new one.  I enquired about dental technicians prices but the dentist said it couldn't be done and charged me the full £250.   I know they were wrong because they threw in every extra treatment they could give me. 

My sister has had many implants - it all took about 2 years and cost around £20,000. She was never without good looking teeth though because I couldn't tell when they were temporary. 
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »
Well this thread has given us something to chew over.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »

So long as your coffin lid can be closed
. :o

Nah, Sod that, I might suffocate

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
Full set here..Don't miss toothaches at all.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »
I've got a partial denture in the top for one tooth right at the front, same on the bottom only for two teeth.  The top denture is fine, but the bottom one I hate.   I don't think I'd pass the bone test for implants even if I could afford them  8)

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2020, 07:06:33 PM »
I don't think I'd pass the bone test these days either.. ::)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

firenze

« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:20:30 PM »
I had  4 top teeth removed and my dentist made a small palate in Silver so it's very thin.  Brilliant!  I've had it a long time with no problems.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

crabbyob

« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2020, 06:21:02 AM »
ok, being an expert...lol.... i had implants top and bottom, i got them done in Chennai by a friend, another friend got them done in England, but just the top set all his bottom teeth were capped... it cost him £15,000 for his top set, it cost me a third of that for top and bottom... but after a few years i got a gum infection in my top gum just as i came home, i could not get any real help from my doctor so ended up flying back to Chennai, too late as it happened, the top implants were all effected, so i lost my top implants and they could not be replaced, hence i now have a top plate..
so guys i recommend you take a long holiday in India, for the implants to work they drill right into your jaw bone [painlessly] then place the metal implants [which are seats for them to screw the plates onto] put it takes between three to six months for the jawbone to accept the implant and grow round it..
at no time did i feel any pain... if you wish the lady dentists contact number just ask and she can arrange everything....
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #26 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
Crabbyob, Flying anywhere for me  now is a No No, despite pulling many strokes to get a flight in Dakotas during my time i the RAF. might do it after a glass or six, of some thing strong .

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »

Touch wood.. I still have all my teeth..

The school dentist,years ago, was a real bully.. They would fill everything..and if they couldn't find a cavity they would make one..
Well, that's what it felt like.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
I remember when I eventually went back to a dentist I was told that the fillings in one of my teeth was wonderful work but there was more filling than tooth and a little decay. Now it is even more filling than tooth but at least it's white filling.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »

Touch wood.. I still have all my teeth..

The school dentist,years ago, was a real bully.. They would fill everything..and if they couldn't find a cavity they would make one..
Well, that's what it felt like.

I don't know any one who hasn't a tale to tell about the butcher school dentist.  We're these guys Dental School drop outs recruited to ruin kids teeth so the better dentists would have a lifetimes work putting it all right?