Author Topic: Dentures  (Read 369 times)

sparky

Re: Dentures
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
Jacqueline, Yeah, very pricey, but I have to ask myself, when I finally snuff it, with all those thousands filing pass my open coffin, it would be nice if I had a toothful smile on my face, especially if I died having just scored, and I don't mean football. ;D ;D ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »
I have part dentures.  After years of problems with my teeth, extractions requiring stitches, bruised cheeks, abscesses, and too many fillings to count, I developed a serious phobia.  My last extractions were done privately, with deep sedation, which is costly, but safer than a GA.  I couldn't bear the thought of implants, because of the work involved.  Fortunate, because I couldn't afford them anyway!

I have however, found a great dental technician.  She's Russian. When I had to have a part lower denture, it was dreadful.  By going to her I cut out the middle man, ie the dentist.  She repairs, or makes new ones, and takes time to ensure they are comfortable.  I recommended her to a friend and she's really helped her too.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Theodore Roosevelt

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
Jacqueline, Yeah, very pricey, but I have to ask myself, when I finally snuff it, with all those thousands filing pass my open coffin, it would be nice if I had a toothful smile on my face, especially if I died having just scored, and I don't mean football. ;D ;D ;D

So long as your coffin lid can be closed. :o
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

stellamaris

« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
Like Grannymac, I have a partial denture.  It was for two tiny teeth next to the very back top tooth.  I had trouble for years with one of them, so I eventually had the two of them removed and replaced by an equally tiny partial.  Parts of both teeth are still in the gum [it would have been a bit surgical to get them all removed but they are completely dead].  It gives an extra place to grip on the denture which fits on the gum and slightly to the sides.  It is so invisible and comfortable that I have to feel for the edges to get it out.  I don't know what would happen if I get a gap on the other side.  Would I need two little ones, or would it be 3 on a palate? Not sure I could cope with that.  I did accidentally throw the first one away and had to get a new one.  I enquired about dental technicians prices but the dentist said it couldn't be done and charged me the full 250.   I know they were wrong because they threw in every extra treatment they could give me. 

My sister has had many implants - it all took about 2 years and cost around 20,000. She was never without good looking teeth though because I couldn't tell when they were temporary. 
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »
Well this thread has given us something to chew over.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

sparky

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »

So long as your coffin lid can be closed
. :o

Nah, Sod that, I might suffocate

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
Full set here..Don't miss toothaches at all.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »
I've got a partial denture in the top for one tooth right at the front, same on the bottom only for two teeth.  The top denture is fine, but the bottom one I hate.   I don't think I'd pass the bone test for implants even if I could afford them  8)

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2020, 07:06:33 PM »
I don't think I'd pass the bone test these days either.. ::)
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

firenze

« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:20:30 PM »
I had  4 top teeth removed and my dentist made a small palate in Silver so it's very thin.  Brilliant!  I've had it a long time with no problems.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

crabbyob

« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2020, 06:21:02 AM »
ok, being an expert...lol.... i had implants top and bottom, i got them done in Chennai by a friend, another friend got them done in England, but just the top set all his bottom teeth were capped... it cost him 15,000 for his top set, it cost me a third of that for top and bottom... but after a few years i got a gum infection in my top gum just as i came home, i could not get any real help from my doctor so ended up flying back to Chennai, too late as it happened, the top implants were all effected, so i lost my top implants and they could not be replaced, hence i now have a top plate..
so guys i recommend you take a long holiday in India, for the implants to work they drill right into your jaw bone [painlessly] then place the metal implants [which are seats for them to screw the plates onto] put it takes between three to six months for the jawbone to accept the implant and grow round it..
at no time did i feel any pain... if you wish the lady dentists contact number just ask and she can arrange everything....
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

sparky

« Reply #26 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
Crabbyob, Flying anywhere for me  now is a No No, despite pulling many strokes to get a flight in Dakotas during my time i the RAF. might do it after a glass or six, of some thing strong .

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »

Touch wood.. I still have all my teeth..

The school dentist,years ago, was a real bully.. They would fill everything..and if they couldn't find a cavity they would make one..
Well, that's what it felt like.
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

klondike

« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
I remember when I eventually went back to a dentist I was told that the fillings in one of my teeth was wonderful work but there was more filling than tooth and a little decay. Now it is even more filling than tooth but at least it's white filling.

Jacqueline

« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »

Touch wood.. I still have all my teeth..

The school dentist,years ago, was a real bully.. They would fill everything..and if they couldn't find a cavity they would make one..
Well, that's what it felt like.

I don't know any one who hasn't a tale to tell about the butcher school dentist.  We're these guys Dental School drop outs recruited to ruin kids teeth so the better dentists would have a lifetimes work putting it all right?