Author Topic: That's Biz...Show Biz!  (Read 1126 times)

digitalis

That's Biz...Show Biz!
« on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
Well,we paid for the Megs wedding folks. And after the Lord Mayor's show comes the xxxx cart,as the saying goes. So,some 8 plus MegsxHarry staff are being sent home! Sacked. Booted out. I guess on the plus side,we were paying for 'em anyways,so's its now just the rotating x6 Scotland Yard gun-toting police on overtime that we gotta pay.

Woz we robbed? We paid for the best-wedding-in-town,then the bride fled the country with the ginger biscuit who had pledged his life for the crippled war vets. Instead he legged it for better dosh with his now new missus. Talk about a carry-on! I'm now sorta hoping for a battle at the High Court with the Daily Mail v Megs where we get to see Grandaddy Markle make an appearance. Our papers need some sales: we need some more entertainment.

Meanwhile,I wonder what's a-happening to H? Looks like Megs is making the deals,and she has Archie times X royal stories to sell if her current plans go belly up! Me own take on it all(besides it being the biggest Take in history),is that H might be heading for the top-shelf,left-behind,outta-date stuff. He aint even got the glamour! I guess he'll have the vampire therapists over in the U.S and the bourbon bottle and pills,but little else. Perhaps his crown might get a better make-over with a rug(as has been rumoured),but Megs makes a better story. Girl! You Dun Good!
And thus the fairy tale dun good robbed us blind. Anyone here can see this story replicated in Aesops Tales? It needs to be there.

biglouis

Re: That's Biz...Show Biz!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:00:57 PM »
The story could not be more fantastical if you had made it up!
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:14:40 PM »
What amazed me was the sheer number of staff they had as the 8 mentioned are only office staff, I think there are another 12 domestic staff.

Just multiply that across all the major Royals.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »
Just one cleaner would be wonderful!

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »
Just one cleaner would be wonderful!

My wife often says that she always wanted a cleaner but she never had one until she married me.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2020, 01:52:02 AM »
I have a cleaner because I loathe and despise housework. Lisa says she gets a lot of satisfaction from cleaning things. On the other hand she hates computers.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2020, 07:44:45 AM »
I'd have loved a cleaner when we had kids at home. But with just the two of us, there's little housework to do, and we share it. I clean the bathroom, he does the vacuuming. I do the washing and ironing, he cooks and washes up.  I dust and polish (not very often) he puts the rubbish out.  Neither of us are messy people which helps.

Your wife is blessed Diasi, some men wouldn't know where to start.  But then again, looking at some of the homes I used to visit, neither would some women! 😝😷
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alfred

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
who needs soaps and dramas . as digitalis said we have a home grow family particularly when you look at the royal family, for example,
scandals, and in fighting,.

it seems have been with us since henry the eight. and his wives, married eight wives and then changed from religion, that is from church of England, to the roman catholic church, as henry changed what ever suited him to get what he wanted, that is the woman of his choice,

later came the name change from Battenberg, to Windsor, and even the scandal later of the then late princess Margaret. and I think it was Roddy Lewellyn, on their secret isle , to  which the papers then revealed the isle for all to know, and like  some  families, not all,  even the royals have had their fair share of ups and downs ,

and of course the latest being prince Andrew,  so who needs soaps and dramas,  when we have our own,   home grown family , with the occasional up sets and dates which many of us read, including the latest on harry and Megan, 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
six wives, not eight - but who's counting?
Mike  ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »
Katherine of Aragon
Ann Boleyn
Jane Seymour
Anne of Cleves
Katherine Howard
Catherine Parr

Catherine Parr survived him and married her old sweetheart but died in childbirth.

Anne of Cleves got the best deal. She cleverly accepted his offer to be "adopted" as his sister and got a nice pension and a few manor houses out of it.

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »
Anne of Cleves got the best deal.
Yep. Then wrote all those Vera detective stories for the telly. Clever indeed.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:00:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!