Author Topic: Fibre  (Read 801 times)

Yellowbird

Fibre
« on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:30:19 PM »
Just got fibre in our village very confusing anyone got any ideas how I should proceed
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

zoony

Re: Fibre
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »
Take it easy..Too many people overdo it and end up constipated..A couple of teaspoonsfull at first. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:34:30 PM »
Assuming you want it decide on an ISP and place an order. If still in a minimum term and want it before that runs out call your current ISP and ask about an upgrade.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Traveller

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »
All right for some.  We're not expecting to get fibre until Hell freezes over or 2999, whichever comes later.  Till then we get one pigeon a day (weather permitting)  with a little bundle of bits.
You'll have had your tea.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:48:40 PM »
Just got fibre in our village very confusing anyone got any ideas how I should proceed

Yeah, decide if you want fibre or not.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:59:18 AM »
Contact the National Fibre Board for advice.

RoyMail

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:56:57 AM »
 Hi Yellowbird , have you got your internet connection sorted ? ,  looking at your post count I assume you have a reasonable  connection already  and bear in mind any upgrade will inevitable cost more ,  I would first contact you existing ISP  to check on cost and estimate of the speed you should  get,  they will do that free of charge , then check around with other providers ,
More info at    https://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/fibre-optic-broadband-guide/

Look and Listen but keep Stumm

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:12:24 PM »
All right for some.  We're not expecting to get fibre until Hell freezes over or 2999, whichever comes later.  Till then we get one pigeon a day (weather permitting)  with a little bundle of bits.

I'm the same where I live.  Talk Talk offered me free Fibre for a year, that's a wonderful offer considering I can't get it here!!

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:19:51 PM »

What about using 4G instead.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
I keep getting bombarded by BT with offers of their latest hubs and fastest connection.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.