Author Topic: Transgender  (Read 17235 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Transgender
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:54:24 PM »
I agree with richmond62.. It is NOT a matter of life and death.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

em

« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
"under the same aegis" makes no sense in the context of this thread.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:13:55 PM »
Scrumpy..Depending on the age of the patient it can very much be life and death..

https://www.suicideinfo.ca/resource/transgender-people-suicide/
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2020, 10:09:25 PM »
Scrumpy..Depending on the age of the patient it can very much be life and death..

And women have killed themselves because if so-called body-image issues where they couldn't get cosmetic surgery on the NHS.

The trans people need to stop wanting special treatment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2020, 10:18:44 PM »
I'm neither a spokesman for nor a fan of transgender people but when it comes to folk taking their own lives I don't see that their orientation makes it any the less sad..

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:10:27 PM »

Reading this very interesting article, and in my own opinion I am convinced these people have very complex mental health problems.  Maybe I'm over simplifying by saying they think their problems will be solved by being someone else.  I'm sure many of us think that if we lived in another place, had more money, were slimmer, better looking, had better hair etc. we would be happier I wonder if there is an element of this within people who want to make themselves a different sex.  It's a minefield of a subject.  I still cannot understand though how some great big bloke who however hard he tries still looks like a bloke in drag could be happy, it's a strange old world.

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:22:19 PM »
As you say Jacq, very complex stuff and it is hard to understand why a bloke like Frank Warren,, now Kelly Malone, boxing and sports promoter, middle-aged, overweight and very much a bloke..isn't anymore. Though he had most of it done privately I think but it certainly wasn't on a whim..You might have a look at this..
https://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/15/sport/kellie-maloney-frank-transgender-boxing/index.html

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2020, 05:30:55 AM »
i know your not a boxing fan Zoon, but come on... his name was Frank Malone.. Warren was the guy who got shot...lol
hormones....mmmm... i am on hormone treatment, i dont have any frocks yet but have been told i'm quite fetching in my kilt....
but what i do have is prostate cancer, so i have these hormone injections, my boobs are a wee bit bigger and my belly certainly is...
now my thoughts on trans-gender, are negative, but i wont throw stones...lol... i just re-read that...
i think there is a waiting list, and if it is simply a case of 'i wanna be a woman' then the case is way down.BUT some of these poor people are suicidal, and please dont be glib about THAT condition, because they are all someones son, brother and in some cases father, so we need to consider them also. so come on folks have a little empathy...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

mick607

« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:14:14 AM »
Transgender will get absolutely no sympathy from me.
I personally know of one young bloke who I saw growing up and he was born with a chip on his shoulder.
He was brought up in a lesbian household where most og the visitors were homosexual etc.
Now 28 years old he has never had a job & is quite content to live on benefits, something he has never contributed to. He has had the op a couple of years ago.
Being a relative of mine who I very really see. I am looking forward to the day when I see him & then laugh at him.
No law against that.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:42:02 AM »
Can't help feeling that whilst there must be some genuine cases of serious mental health issues, in many cases it is the desire to be different - not much removed from my claim when about 7 or so that as dad was English and mum Irish, I must be Scottish!
MIke
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:14:42 AM »
Transgender will get absolutely no sympathy from me.
I personally know of one young bloke who I saw growing up and he was born with a chip on his shoulder.
He was brought up in a lesbian household where most og the visitors were homosexual etc.
Now 28 years old he has never had a job & is quite content to live on benefits, something he has never contributed to. He has had the op a couple of years ago.
Being a relative of mine who I very really see. I am looking forward to the dat when I see him & then laugh at him.
No law against that.

Oh, if you do see him / her, post a picture, please. ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:38:30 AM »
I am looking forward to the day when I see him & then laugh at him.
No law against that.

I am looking forward to the day when I see him and then laugh at him..

Why on earth would you laugh at him.?  The poor man has been brought up in a lesbian household..where most of the visitors were homosexual..
  It would appear that he only knows of this life..  He needs some sort of help... Poor man.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

I am looking forward to the day when I see him and then laugh at him..

Why on earth would you laugh at him.?  The poor man has been brought up in a lesbian household..where most of the visitors were homosexual..
  It would appear that he only knows of this life..  He needs some sort of help... Poor man.
No. Poor woman.

richmond62

« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
I think that laughing at this person (whatever has been 'done' to them, and whether they think they are male or female)
would be immoral.

I do agree that there seems to be a surge in sex-changes as a "one size fits all" solution to what are probably a whole slew
of psychological problems; most of which might be sorted out without what is, after all, something both radical and
irreversible.

However I am prepared to believe that some people might benefit from a sex-change operation, but only after other alternatives
have been exhausted.

Coastal

« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
I wouldn't make fun of someones choices but why do they (especially the media) have to keep going on about it, I'm staying as I am but I don't feel the need to keep shouting about it.

I see they even have it in the adverts now, a young girl becoming a boy in an advert for Starbucks Coffee, If I went into those sorts of places I'd switch to Costa in protest (never been in either)
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......