Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1439 times)

DeDi

« on: Feb 22, 2020, 02:40:25 PM »
Hello to all the Members

I thought I would join this forum as I sometimes get fed up with just talking to my dog Rosie and myself. Or just watching TV. So if anyone wants to chat and tell me about themselves I would love to hear from you.

zoony

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2020, 02:48:56 PM »
Hi DeDi..Lots of dogs 'n cats here, few budgies..Being as you're the newbie it behooves you to tell us about you..We know about us already.  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
... a couple of days reading ant you'll pick up all our foibles.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »
Hi DeDi warm welcome to the forum new blood always very welcome. I am pretty much like you I lost my wife one year ago and have a little dog Roxy to keep me company. For human company I play golf 2 or 3 times a week weather permitting. Love to hear more about your interests.

Audrine

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
Welcome DEDE, You can talk to anyone on this forum because they will always be interested. So don't be lonely, talk to me any time.  Cheers Audrine

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »

Hi DeDi... I look forward to talking to you..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »
Hi Dedi and welcome to the mad house :)  A warning though, please don't mention pensions :):):)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2020, 07:00:31 PM »
Hi Dedi
Welcome aboard. You don't have to be mad to fit in here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it may help!  ;D ;D
I'm another one on my own - lost my wife 2 years ago and our little dog 1 year ago, so I find this place a great comfort
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alfred

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:08:31 PM »
its good to have you on board dedi, your in good company, so welcome,
ill look forward to reading your posts,

Jacqueline

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:22:40 PM »
Hi Dedi,  welcome, great to have you here.

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:17:25 AM »
Dedi, welcome. I am alone and this Forum is the best ! When I feel terribly lonely, I enter here my misery and the members are so truly kind and help me. I am a bit of a nuisance at times, but in general , members seem to put up with me and they are generous in caring how one feels. It is a good place to be. Join and enjoy....gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:54:17 AM »
You're never a nuisance gmx! 

I hope you enjoy the forum Dedi.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
Very curious why you picked the user name DeDi so I google the name to see what popped up. Djedi came up first followed by Israel music.com. I expect they are both wrong but this give you a chance to post some thing of interest

sparky

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:27:13 AM »

You're never a nuisance gmx! 

I second that, a valued forum member,

DeDi

« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Hi. I have just logged in and was very nicely surprised at all your lovely replies. About me! Here goes. I live in Warwickshire. I live alone except for my Shih Tzu Rosie. I'm 66 and still work 1 day a week but unfortunately my job is coming to an end on 30th March. I was really gutted as I have been there for 22 years. I was Housekeeper for 20 years and Retired from Housekeeping but stayed on for Administration work. I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 33 years. (Stop laughing)I know what you are thinking lol. Its a long story. I have a Son and Daughter and 5 Grandchildren. All girls. My boyfriend is my Sons dad. I have suffered from Asthma since I was a baby but I manage it quite well. Of course as you get older you start suffering from aches and pains usually due to Arthritis. Got that in a few places! I do not go out very often which I know is my own doing and I really should. Money is a bit tight. Weather is not great at moment either with the wind and rain. My dog managed to trip me up just over a week ago which sent me slamming down on both knees. Ouch. It could of been a lot worse. Very grazed and bruised but luckily no broken bones. DeDi comes from the Ice cream van from years ago. It was my nickname as a child. I go a little stir crazy sometimes being on my own.