Author Topic: Coffin Club  (Read 1509 times)

zoony

Re: Coffin Club
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2020, 02:29:08 PM »

There's a film called 'what we did on our holiday' (billy connolly) you really ought to see....

Lovely film, beautifully observed and written.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »
i know its not a great subject, but surely a necessity?
there was a previous thread about, a cheap way to get it done but ive forgotten the advice
lol... it should be a sticky at the top....
not that i'm even considering going...lol...
at diner tonight someone asked 'how many of us might be here [goa] in ten years'
we all had a good laugh, i doubt any of us are under 70, a couple are over 80, and i'm knocking on the door
but we all agreed to meet there in ten years time....lol... fat chance
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Bee

« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:16:37 PM »
Never say never Crabby. ;D ;D
The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »
Fat chance any of you reMEMbering.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:06:00 PM »
i know its not a great subject, but surely a necessity?
there was a previous thread about, a cheap way to get it done but ive forgotten the advice
lol... it should be a sticky at the top....
not that i'm even considering going...lol...
at diner tonight someone asked 'how many of us might be here [goa] in ten years'
we all had a good laugh, i doubt any of us are under 70, a couple are over 80, and i'm knocking on the door
but we all agreed to meet there in ten years time....lol... fat chance

I do envy you Crabby.  We haven't got the nerve to do what you do.  We go for three weeks, 5 star.  We had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and have booked again in the same hotel.  A bowling friend of my husband goes and rents a flat when she gets there.  She is older than us and has more courage.  When we were staying at The Radisson, she came and looked at our (luxurious) room and we went to see her flat which was very nice but she told us that, when they had something to eat, they couldn't leave a crumb or the large cockroaches would arrive.  I love South Goa.  The people are lovely.

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »
this year Sheila it has been the year of the ant
bloody billions of em, i get some powder that is illegal in the UK and that wipes them out but this year we have had several varieties... but being a hindu....lol... they are all relatives... but i didnt like ALL my relatives...lol... so after five moths they are still marching...
i live at the opposite end of the star system, but in Goa your room is simply for bathing and sleeping, my balcony is bigger than my room, and i spend as much time in one as the other... the only blight on the horizon is the dreaded virus, no sign yet, but planes in and out daily, it can only be a matter of time... i met a young german in the chemists today, he was looking to buy surgical masks, he looked at me 'what type would you recommend?' i pointed out that they were possibly particle masks that would not stop any virus, i advised he wash his hands as often as possible, certainly after handling cash, the chemist is no longer my friend, as the German decided to go without...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »

My daughter is due to go to Italy in a couple of weeks time.. My son-in-law has just come back from Italy which included Milan..He travels all over on business..
Certainly worrying times.. Face masks seem to harbour germs because of the moisture.. I think hand washing is so important..  At the moment I wouldn't travel far.. Certainly not abroad.  I'll stick to the local Co-op for a while. ;D   
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
Thanks for your reply Crabby and I think your reply to the young german was correct.  As Scrumpy says, this virus is a worry.  I am not normally a worrier but I have damaged lungs and I am no spring chicken so feel a bit vulnerable - oh and our local hospital is Arrowe Park and many of our neighbours work there!

crabbyob

« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:53:24 AM »
well Sheila it another month before i come so safe a nice room for me...
i remember the ash cloud that grounded all european flights...lol
i had to stay in Tamil Nadu another 15 days...yahoo...lol
but this year i have medical appointments
anyway just keep washing your hands after contact wi owt outside your home
door handles shopping trolleys..ect..good luck

richmond62

« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
When I die, just dig a hole somewhere and pop my body in there.

When my older son was about 6 he said, "Is it true, Daddy, that when people die, the worms have lunch?"

Very advanced, my Alexander.  8)

Johned

« Reply #25 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
I rather like the Red Indian way of disposal.  Evidently they place the body wrapped in a blanket on a plank and hang it from a tree and either way nature or the birds dispose of it!  There is a large aforested park in our vicinity but I would not think the local Lord of the Manor would approve if my relatives disposed of my carcass in that fashion.

zoony

« Reply #26 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
Nature and little birds eh John? You're a nice man so I'll spare you the details of what actually happens!

cowboy wisdom.