Author Topic: Am I alone in thinking....  (Read 2077 times)

granny moss

Am I alone in thinking....
« on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:12:15 AM »
With the news as they stand at present, of all the disasters around the world, including wars and epidemics....Is this the beginning of the end of planet Earth and all that lives on it ? Considering all that is happening around us, including the loss of bees and insects etc....It may not happen during the last  few years  of my life....but I  am just  wondering that things seem to be getting a bit worse rather than better....I think this virus epidemic is going to spread quite a bit and cause a lot of economic disasters here and there...especially China. It has now reached Italy and it is still spreading. I think it would be interesting to read what members of this Forum think, as I have the feeling that is going to be a serious disaster for us all. gmx

klondike

Re: Am I alone in thinking....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:05:41 AM »
Bear in mind that the media make money from the numbers reading their output. All is ticking along reasonably OK doesn't make for a good headline and encourage readers.
So long and thanks for all the fish

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:59:40 AM »
With the news as they stand at present, of all the disasters around the world, including wars and epidemics....Is this the beginning of the end of planet Earth and all that lives on it ? Considering all that is happening around us, including the loss of bees and insects etc....It may not happen during the last  few years  of my life....but I  am just  wondering that things seem to be getting a bit worse rather than better....I think this virus epidemic is going to spread quite a bit and cause a lot of economic disasters here and there...especially China. It has now reached Italy and it is still spreading. I think it would be interesting to read what members of this Forum think, as I have the feeling that is going to be a serious disaster for us all. gmx
I don't think you are wrong GM. Add also the perversions what seem to be the latest trend these days. Men trying to be women & women trying to be men. Allowing young children to choose what gender they choose.
It will all end in tears.
The end days are coming.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2020, 11:32:10 AM »
GM
Go back to bed, things are far from as grim you paint them.

David G

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2020, 11:48:01 AM »
It could go either way, It's anybodies guess. Nature will do what nature wants to do maybe it's had enough of the human race and we'll become the next extinct species.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

RoyMail

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2020, 11:59:12 AM »
I feel the same way GM, (I blame on the Media hype )
Look and Listen but keep Stumm

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »
GM
Go back to bed, things are far from as grim you paint them.

I agree. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2020, 02:30:07 PM »
"Go back to bed"...Dismissive....Patronising ? Rude? or simply an unworthy order or suggestion? I do not recall my "Post" being offensive or rude. Simply expressing my thoughts. No disrespect called for. An apology will suffice. Thank you gmx

Traveller

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »
It's not that 'no news is good news',  but that 'good news is no news'.   We need disasters of one sort or another to keep the news media going.  I joke when I see a newspaper headlines that they always find something new to kill us.  If we took the news seriously we would all die of fear. 

You'll have had your tea.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
Agree with the above post 100%. I am very cynical of what the media "tell" us and for the most part I no longer watch the news.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:04:19 PM »
Am so glad to read posts that say the news about the disasters of Earthquackes, floods, wars, epidemics, are all made up by reporters so as to sell the papers. I just had an e.mail from my niece in Italy, and the whole of the region where she lives, is now in quarantine because of a nasty virus spreading from China. I know who to believe. gmx

RoyMail

« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:05:49 PM »
Agree with the above post 100%. I am very cynical of what the media "tell" us and for the most part I no longer watch the news.
Neither Do I , and also agree with traveler ,
Look and Listen but keep Stumm

Diasi

Re: Am I Alone In Thinking.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:10:37 PM »
Am so glad to read posts that say the news about the disasters of Earthquackes, floods, wars, epidemics, are all made up by reporters so as to sell the papers. I just had an e.mail from my niece in Italy, and the whole of the region where she lives, is now in quarantine because of a nasty virus spreading from China. I know who to believe. gmx

No one's saying there haven't been earthquakes, floods, wars, epidemics etc, in recent years.

I bet some people said exactly the same as you during the Napoleonic War, the 100 Years War, the Black Death, Pompeii & all the other events throughout history.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

David G

« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »
  I joke when I see a newspaper headlines that they always find something new to kill us. 
The people who lost loved ones in the plague must have thought it was an absolute hoot.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Bobcat

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »
Sadly we all overestimate the effect that human life has in cosmological terms. Consider the following, it is generally estimated that the big bang occurred over 13 billion years ago. The earth was formed over 4 billion years ago. The first life appeared on earth over 3 billion years ago. The first human life appeared  over 60 million year ago. The industrial revolution, which is when mankind actually started to have an effect on the planet, about 250 years ago. Sadly human beings are just a very insignificant blip on the earth, we will of course die out by overpopulation, cataclysmic event or some other event. The sun will become a red giant in another 5 billion years and swallow up the earth. And then after many many more billions of years some small creature will crawl out of the slime and the whole cycle will begin again !!