Author Topic: Cambridge to Oxford Expressway  (Read 806 times)

Diasi

Re: Cambridge to Oxford Expressway
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »
I haven't found motorways to be in such a poor state of repair as trunk roads, which could often do with a drop of tar here and there. The side roads where I live are in an appalling state. We spend a fortune on road humps and width restrictions.

That's so you can't go fast enough for the potholes to do any damage.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

RoyMail

« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:23:09 PM »
The big shallow ones are no big deal. It's the sizeable deep ones right in the normal tyre track that are the buggers because you can't always steer round them even if you see them in time.

We don't get a lot of cyclists on the roads around here. Natural selection sees to that....

Here in the UK we used to drive on the left of the road. Now we drive on what's left of the road
Look and Listen but keep Stumm

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »
It's amazing how something so annoying & true can be so funny at the same time.  ;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:35:10 PM »
Some of ours are 9-12 inches across and 2-3 inches deep - enough to rattle your fillings in a car - hit by a bike or motorcycle in the dark........
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »
LOVE the cartoon - and pretty near to the truth about some of our roads
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

digitalis

« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
Get the Expressway dun! Complete the eyesore. Fill in the rest of the land south with warehouses,new builds and so on... Rat Island(one of the most ugliest and densley packed places on planet earth),will then be complete. That it once hosted the likes of John Clare and other pets,birds and hedgerows is now yesterdays story. That is,alas,progress. All will be employed with lottsa growth in one of the biggest slums in Europe.

Its a bit sad,but such is life.

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: Feb 28, 2020, 02:42:21 PM »
We've settled on the route, going via Sutton Coldfield, the only buildings in the way are a school and the house next to it.

richmond62

« Reply #22 on: Feb 29, 2020, 07:41:13 AM »
Presumably the reason for an Oxford to Cambridge expressway is so the Marxist fellow-travellers (whoops, 'academics') can confer
more closely on whose career they are going to shaft next.