Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 39252 times)

Diasi

Re: COVID-19
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »

With London being one of 'the hubs' of the world,with the dispora o peoples,Covid will find its welcome here. Its one of many immigrants that wont have any troubling gaining access to the place!

So long as it stays in London.

What pіsses me off is the fact that it's been brought into the UK by people coming from abroad.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Flying bomb

« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2020, 02:53:08 PM »
Just fancy, a little, little virus is helping to reduce global warming as the World's economy slows down as the virus
alarm closes factories etc. and output reduces.
Extinct rebellion will be celebrating it's effects soon.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Jacqueline

« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »
Just heard a case in Swansea 40 miles away from me, I was there last Saturday. The person apparently had been to northern Italy.  It's these travellers that are putting us all at risk.

An epidemiologist on TV this morning was saying the mortality rate is higher than seasonal flu, and it's us oldies with health problems who are most likely to pop out clogs.  I went into town this morning, got a few strange looks when I sat down on my bus and used my hand sanitiser.  Self preservation, so what if I'm over reacting.

Devonian

« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
It's the term "self isolating" that I have a bit of a problem with any one else ? Don't go shopping.... ?

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »
Stay in one room with the door closed as much as possible. Separate cutlery etc for your use only, use the bathroom/loo last and disinfect etc. Easy for me if necessary but what if you're a family of 4/5 in a 3-bed house? It's easy to say, not so easy in practice.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Flying bomb

« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »
Put a brown paper bag over your head.

That at least. will stir memories for some who can
remember the atom bomb scares of years gone by.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »
I remember the bomb scares but nothing about brown paper bags..I think Kruschev gets some credit for ending that Cuban fiasco..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »
Just heard a case in Swansea 40 miles away from me, I was there last Saturday. The person apparently had been to northern Italy.  It's these travellers that are putting us all at risk.

An epidemiologist on TV this morning was saying the mortality rate is higher than seasonal flu, and it's us oldies with health problems who are most likely to pop out clogs.  I went into town this morning, got a few strange looks when I sat down on my bus and used my hand sanitiser.  Self preservation, so what if I'm over reacting.

You'll not catch me on a bus for a lottery win.

The problem is that we don't know which idiots in our home towns have been skiing in Northern Italy & have come back home without saying anything, so even the remotest village in the back of beyond is no longer safe.

As I'm my wife's carer she's terrified that I'll get the virus so, to try & put her mind at rest, I'm already doing my best to minimise the risk by going to the supermarket at 8:00 am as soon as it opens or 08:00 pm just before it closes when it's almost empty.

I did survive having the 1957 Asian flu which was classed as a major pandemic with a couple of million being wiped out, but I was 13, not 75.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #23 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:27:51 PM »
You'll not catch me on a bus for a lottery win.

The problem is that we don't know which idiots in our home towns have been skiing in Northern Italy & have come back home without saying anything, so even the remotest village in the back of beyond is no longer safe.

As I'm my wife's carer she's terrified that I'll get the virus so, to try & put her mind at rest, I'm already doing my best to minimise the risk by going to the supermarket at 8:00 am as soon as it opens or 08:00 pm just before it closes when it's almost empty.

Husband and I have been discussing this today.  No more buses, same as you shopping at quiet times.  As you say some people don't care about others, so you don't know who or where they are. When your in the risky group like us lot its wise to take precautions.

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Feb 29, 2020, 05:29:16 AM »

Husband and I have been discussing this today.  No more buses, same as you shopping at quiet times.  As you say some people don't care about others, so you don't know who or where they are. When your in the risky group like us lot its wise to take precautions.

What's annoying me is that I've never flown & don't go abroad so I've never put myself at risk of catching whatever diseases are picked up in some of the foreign [censored] & now I've got to try & dodge it in my own country just because some morons have imported it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2020, 06:34:22 AM »
I doubt they did it deliberately
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Feb 29, 2020, 06:38:02 AM »
I doubt they did it deliberately
Mike

The effect is still the same, no one should have been brought back into the UK from China or that cruise ship or any other area where the virus is confirmed.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Feb 29, 2020, 07:13:53 AM »
The effect is still the same, no one should have been brought back into the UK from China or that cruise ship or any other area where the virus is confirmed.
Sorry - we are cross purposes - I agree with what you are saying - I just doubt anyone wanted/expected to get infected.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Bee

« Reply #28 on: Feb 29, 2020, 07:44:18 AM »
The only way is up....

sparky

« Reply #29 on: Feb 29, 2020, 07:48:58 AM »
I would be crapping myself every day if I were one of those very many working  people having to commute daily on those sardine packed trains, at  least us oldies can be more choosy on when and where we go,