Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 39243 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: COVID-19
« Reply #540 on: May 05, 2020, 07:12:58 PM »
Same here, and I still talk to her
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

David G

« Reply #541 on: Jun 28, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »
It looks as if Leicester could be put back into lockdown due to the number of people infected rising.
The MP for Leicester South is none other than Jonathan Ashworth  the Labour Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
What does Mr Ashworth think of that ?. He describes his constituents as very diverse, that's why he's an MP. Does he think they should be put back into lockdown ?, he thinks more resources should be put into Leicester.
I think they should be put back into lockdown because we wouldn't want allegations that the Government were being negligent with BAME lives and I'm sure Mr Ashworth would be saying the same if it wasn't his constituency.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

granny moss

« Reply #542 on: Jun 28, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »
I wonder with the rules being ignored by so many, if the powers that be are allowing the virus to do is job and take it's course of grim destruction on it's way ? It cannot go on forever, surely ? Or will it ?  ??? The economy is on the downward slope of the graph, there would be far too many sick and unemployed people to deal with....It could be a form of genetic selection....survival of the fittest theory....Who knows what is in store for the future in this World ? ??? ::) gmx

Alex22

« Reply #543 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:27:30 AM »
It looks as if Leicester could be put back into lockdown due to the number of people infected rising.
The MP for Leicester South is none other than Jonathan Ashworth  the Labour Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
What does Mr Ashworth think of that ?. He describes his constituents as very diverse, that's why he's an MP. Does he think they should be put back into lockdown ?, he thinks more resources should be put into Leicester.
I think they should be put back into lockdown because we wouldn't want allegations that the Government were being negligent with BAME lives and I'm sure Mr Ashworth would be saying the same if it wasn't his constituency.

It may be a coincidence that a couple of weeks ago 4,000 people gathered there for a Black Lives Matter protest.  Perhaps the same will happen in Bournemouth   ?

Hugh

« Reply #544 on: Jun 29, 2020, 05:38:50 AM »
Black Lives Matter statement a bit of a joke, when they keep gathering together in masses risking their, and other peoples lives.

6 July when they are freeing, me from stay at home lock down. kept up my golf fitness up with a practice net, and a launch monitor, which tells me my swing speed and carry distance of my ball.

I am lucky to have a nephew next door to do my Aldi shopping.

digitalis

« Reply #545 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:07:04 AM »
It was yesterday. I strongly believe I heard the news that 2 full aircraft a day are flying in from Pakistan where the virus is on the rampage but the government and districts compete with each other to hide it. Somewhere in the conversation they saida lot of the passengers on the plane will have the virus,and know it,but board the plane knowing they will get better medical attention here than in their homeland. God only knows what happens when they arrive here. We know we have the government spiel,but hey! back here,well ...what confidence have you in what has or is taking place. Ah yes,I recall they were discussing the outbreak in Leicester. While I tended to believe this story, the only question I would raise is Leicester.I thought the joint mainly occupied with British Hindu people. I could be wrong. Anyways,if lockdown is imposed down there many are calling it racist,so's that's that.
Two full planes a day!! I guess once here you travel by train and bus and taxi up to your home. Then isolate? Moon. Cheese. Pigs do fly?
Last graph I recall,in one area we still got tops for deaths per population or something. You gotta laugh before the tears come

granny moss

« Reply #546 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:08:52 AM »
If GB was such a terrible place to live, and we were all such terrible racists, how is it that all these people are vociferously gathering en mass to complain ...Have they not chosen of their own free will to come and live here? Only asking. ? A very puzzled of italian origin granny, who came here because I loved this Country, and it was very good to be part of it. Now, I am so miserable and worrying for the future of my grandchildren. For me now, death will be a relief from worry. Poor England. It is all so very sad. It is not the colour of the skin, but the mentality and difference in behaviour that creates the problems. Rememberying the past has only advantages when humans learn from it and work towards improvements for the future. But to improve the future, violence is not the solution. Brainwashing is always a curse. And some are like sheep. They just follow ....remember Hitler? When will they ever learn? ....gmx

Akbuk

« Reply #547 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:24:38 AM »

Keith Vaz was a pretty “diverse” MP for Leicester......till he got caught out.
I’m a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #548 on: Jun 29, 2020, 11:02:52 AM »
"  It is not the colour of the skin, but the mentality and difference in behaviour that creates the problems  "

Spot on GM  :)

Akbuk

« Reply #549 on: Jun 29, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »
It shows how far Nations were behind the eight ball on this virus. Now Spain is saying the virus was embedded there a whole year before it came to light. Netherlands a few weeks back stated the same over their country. It seems it was rife across Europe before any of us knew.
Where was the WHO whilst this virus was manifesting itself?

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/covid-19-was-in-spain-a-year-before-breakout/
I’m a real he/him.

klondike

« Reply #550 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:03:21 PM »
It may well have been present but unless the proportion that are asymptomatic is far higher than current estimates it couldn't have been rife or we would have seen the typical epidemic curve of infections and deaths appear earlier.

Before there was any social distancing every infected person was infecting 3 to 5 others and at that rate it doesn't take long to skyrocket.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Akbuk

« Reply #551 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »
It may well have been present but unless the proportion that are asymptomatic is far higher than current estimates it couldn't have been rife or we would have seen the typical epidemic curve of infections and deaths appear earlier.

Before there was any social distancing every infected person was infecting 3 to 5 others and at that rate it doesn't take long to skyrocket.

I’m working on the basis that GPs and hospitals had no idea what they were dealing with. People were dying from this virus, no testing was being done because they didn’t know what they were even looking for.
I’m a real he/him.

klondike

« Reply #552 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
I suppose It's possible but this virus seems to be more virulent and has a higher fatality rate than plain old flu. As I mentioned a couple of times before my daughter is convinced she had it the back end of last year and I have heard similar tales from others.

I'd certainly go with months but a year seems to be a big ask to me.
So long and thanks for all the fish