Author Topic: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.  (Read 1453 times)

Diasi

Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.
« on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
Bad news folks, I've contacted the firm & they've been instructed to cancel all private purchases & only supply to the NHS, private hospitals & care homes so we'll all be getting refunds.

People were found to be bulk buying & then reselling at double & triple the price.

There'll be no supplies released to the general public until May at the earliest.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

Re: Hillside Medical Supplies.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:36:10 PM »
Can't say I regard that as bad news. if unscrupulous individuals are trying to profit from people's fear, shooting is too good for them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

Re: Hillside Medical Supplies.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »
Can't say I regard that as bad news. if unscrupulous individuals are trying to profit from people's fear, shooting is too good for them
Mike

I meant it's bad news for those of us on the forum who just wanted a couple of bottles for personal use.

Not bad news about those buying 20 cartons to sell on.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

David G

Re: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:38:08 PM »
I consider it bad news. They could have limited it to two a person / address.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:42:36 PM »
I consider it bad news. They could have limited it to two a person / address.

As someone who has extremely good organisational skills I despair at the sheer inefficiency of the system.

People laugh at me, but one of the first things I'd have done would have been to set up a rationing system.

Of course the rations have to be shared with the millions of immigrants that have arrived since 2004.

David G

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
Same here I think logically. Maybe Hillside Supplies have twigged on ?.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »
Its one of those no win situations for them, they cant keep everybody happy, I would say they have acted responsibly as a company, in supplying the most important.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:49:06 PM »
Same here I think logically. Maybe Hillside Supplies have twigged on ?.

I had a longish chat with the firm & I got the impression that the instruction had came for from very top.

The other two links I posted aren't supplying hand gel either.

If any of you did get your order it would be nice to know.

Its one of those no win situations for them, they cant keep everybody happy, I would say they have acted responsibly as a company, in supplying the most important.

Oh, I'm not complaining, I told the firm that I agreed with them being told, presumably by NHS England or the manufacturer, to stop supplying the general public.

I've only posted about it to inform other members who've ordered from them.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:54:21 PM »
In the meantime I've done the next best thing & ordered a pair of touch screen gloves from Amazon.

Here tonight hopefully.

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »
Are touch screen gloves antiviral?
So long and thanks for all the fish

David G

« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:27:34 PM »
When I go shopping I'm going to wear my yellow Marigold gloves. That should raise a smile or two.  ;)

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »
Tis an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:47:49 PM »
Are touch screen gloves antiviral?

Well I won't be touching any surfaces & the virus can't enter via the skin so to that extent they are.

If you mean can the virus get through the glove, I don't know, but, to me, it's better to try & minimise the risk than do nothing.

I'll know more when I see then tonight but they are water resistant so I wouldn't expect the virus to pass through.

Anyway I'm no worse off using them than not using them.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:51:33 PM »
We use anti bacterial handwash in the kitchen, I've put some in the bathroom too instead of the usual, more expensive, one.  Hand washing is the most important and I've doubled my efforts to wash my hands especially if I've been out of door.  I always have a small bottle of hand gel in my bag, from days out with grandchildren probably.  I still have a couple of half used ones, if I need any they'll do.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:56:12 PM »
Well I won't be touching any surfaces & the virus can't enter via the skin so to that extent they are.
The infection is apparently picked up by touching face, nose, eyes etc. with hands that have picked it up from some surface or other. I can't really see that gloves would make any difference and they won't be getting gelled while you are out so could be worse.
So long and thanks for all the fish