Author Topic: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.  (Read 1449 times)

Diasi

Re: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »
We use anti bacterial handwash in the kitchen, I've put some in the bathroom too instead of the usual, more expensive, one.  Hand washing is the most important and I've doubled my efforts to wash my hands especially if I've been out of door.  I always have a small bottle of hand gel in my bag, from days out with grandchildren probably.  I still have a couple of half used ones, if I need any they'll do.

I saw a test done several years ago & anti-bacterial hand wash liquid soap is only marginally better than ordinary soap which isn't hugely better than no soap.

Washing in water as hot as you can stand, on it's own, was shown to be nearly as effective.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

David G

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »
It would appear as always it's going to be pot luck with the added disadvantage of being a second class citizen due to age.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Flying bomb

« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »
I shall be putting on disposable PVC gloves when I get out my car
 for shopping etc. Then when I come back I shall dispose
of the gloves in a bin before getting back in car.
In this way my hands and inside car should be OK.
"To hell with gel!"
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Raven

« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2020, 04:10:26 PM »
You can still get it on eBay at the moment.. Some sellers are chancing their mit but others are keeping the price as it should be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=softalind+hand+rub&_sacat=0

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »
You can still get it on eBay at the moment.. Some sellers are chancing their mit but others are keeping the price as it should be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=softalind+hand+rub&_sacat=0

I'll give this one a miss.

https://bit.ly/38wfbbv
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
That one is probably out of stock. I've seen silly high prices for lots of things in the past and I think the sellers do it to keep the current advert running without getting complaints about non delivery.

Otoh.......
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #21 on: Mar 06, 2020, 09:18:35 PM »
Bad news folks, I've contacted the firm & they've been instructed to cancel all private purchases & only supply to the NHS, private hospitals & care homes so we'll all be getting refunds.

People were found to be bulk buying & then reselling at double & triple the price.

There'll be no supplies released to the general public until May at the earliest.

Why couldn't they fulfil small orders and cancel the greedy ones.  I've sat around for days thinking it's on its way, now need to start over again.

Thanks for letting us know Diasi.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2020, 05:57:31 AM »

Why couldn't they fulfil small orders and cancel the greedy ones.  I've sat around for days thinking it's on its way, now need to start over again.

Thanks for letting us know Diasi.

I feel really bad for getting people's hopes up.

I explained to the firm that I'd recommended them on a pensioners' forum as all the members are in the 'at risk' group, & that some of the orders on the last few days would have been from them, but to no avail.

In fairness to the firm, they have been given instructions to cancel all orders from non-approved customers & I imagine that only a Government instruction could force therm to do it.

The bloke was very apologetic & he did have a look for any old stock that wasn't covered by the new instruction but there wasn't any.

It's like so many of the depressing things in life where the fair-minded responsible ones are always paying the price for the greedy irresponsible ones.

It's the same with your house & car insurance, you're paying £50 on each policy to cover the idiots who chose to live on a river bank & the criminals who drive uninsured.

P.S. You will be able to get them, but it depends on how much you're prepared to pay.

I object to paying £20, £30 for a £5 bottle but a part of me thinks this is no time to make a moral stand & I need to hold my nose & buy at those prices.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Mar 07, 2020, 07:24:37 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread - and this is perfectly serious - alcohol is a good antiseptic if all else fails and vodka won't leave you smelling like a drunk
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Mar 07, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »
Oh, and when I say alcohol, I don't mean beer or wine, etc - it's spirits
Mike

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:27:31 AM »
Vodka is usually 36% alcohol and I heard somebody recommend 60%. If you use meths it will do the job and a few kind soles might give you a quid for a cup of tea as you pass them stinking like a tramp.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #26 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:41:15 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
I could always approach Brian!
Mike  ;D ;D

Ashy

« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »
I was never any good at meths.

klondike

« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:52:26 AM »
Where is the groan emoticon?  :)

Excellent stuff for cleaning wiper blades amongst other things.