Author Topic: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.  (Read 1462 times)

Diasi

Re: Hillside Medical Supplies - Hand Gel Update.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2020, 09:09:45 AM »
a few kind soles might give you a quid for a cup of tea as you pass them stinking like a tramp.

And some are soles might not.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
I feel really bad for getting people's hopes up.

I explained to the firm that I'd recommended them on a pensioners' forum as all the members are in the 'at risk' group, & that some of the orders on the last few days would have been from them, but to no avail.

In fairness to the firm, they have been given instructions to cancel all orders from non-approved customers & I imagine that only a Government instruction could force therm to do it.

The bloke was very apologetic & he did have a look for any old stock that wasn't covered by the new instruction but there wasn't any.

It's like so many of the depressing things in life where the fair-minded responsible ones are always paying the price for the greedy irresponsible ones.

It's the same with your house & car insurance, you're paying £50 on each policy to cover the idiots who chose to live on a river bank & the criminals who drive uninsured.

P.S. You will be able to get them, but it depends on how much you're prepared to pay.

I object to paying £20, £30 for a £5 bottle but a part of me thinks this is no time to make a moral stand & I need to hold my nose & buy at those prices.

Please don't feel bad, it's not your fault,  the NHS comes first.  With the Government advice to stay at home we probably don't need it. Just pull up the drawbridge!

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »

Please don't feel bad, it's not your fault,  the NHS comes first.  With the Government advice to stay at home we probably don't need it. Just pull up the drawbridge!

Thanks. Pull up the drawbridge sounds about right.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

David G

« Reply #33 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:06:54 AM »
Yesterday I went on the Boots chemist website looking if they'd received any supplies of Nilaqua hand sanitiser. I clicked on Nilaqua sanitiser and it took me to a virtual queue.

I was in the queue for four and a half hours. Finally got to the end of the queue and was told Nilaqua is out of stock.

Why can't they tell customers it's out of stock at the beginning ? stop wasting customers time and cut the size of the queue. ???
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Diasi

« Reply #34 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:16:34 AM »
Yesterday I went on the Boots chemist website looking if they'd received any supplies of Nilaqua hand sanitiser. I clicked on Nilaqua sanitiser and it took me to a virtual queue.

I was in the queue for four and a half hours. Finally got to the end of the queue and was told Nilaqua is out of stock.

Why can't they tell customers it's out of stock at the beginning ? stop wasting customers time and cut the size of the queue. ???

I've just tested it I got the virtual queue page & couldn't get to the actual shop site.

It seems as though panic buying / hoarding is alive & well.

David G

« Reply #35 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
Another thing I've noticed is the supermarkets seem to be having difficulty restocking bog standard  :)  50p bottles of disinfectant, well I can't find any. 
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Diasi

« Reply #36 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »
Another thing I've noticed is the supermarkets seem to be having difficulty restocking bog standard  :)  50p bottles of disinfectant, well I can't find any.

You will soon, & the eBay sellers will be wiped out.

https://bit.ly/2vUgSlU