Author Topic: Will we be using Skype to communicate?  (Read 322 times)

Sheila

Will we be using Skype to communicate?
« on: Mar 16, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »
We got a very funny call from my granddaughter who is just 13.  I think her mother might have told her that she wouldn't be seeing us for a while.

She went on an outward bound course last week and dramatically told us about swimming in the sea and climbing a mountain with a huge backpack which apparently was bigger than she was!  They had to pee and poo in the bushes and had to go in pairs and carry a whistle.

Her school is closing down on Wednesday and they have been told that, if a teacher sees any of them out between 9.00 and 3.00 they will be expelled!  My daughter has asthma so is allowed to work from home now.  My initial thought was that, if the schools close, I would go and live at her house to look after the children but then common sense kicked in.  I am just not fit enough to expose myself to more risk of catching the virus.

Ashy

Re: Will we be using Skype to communicate?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2020, 08:50:50 AM »
I think this virus thing is a big hoax, probably started by a spec of dust on the microscope.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2020, 09:42:13 AM »
If only
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2020, 10:17:39 AM »
We won't be using Skype as our communications won't be  changing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
I checked Task Manager and it said Skype was using 36% CPU. Since I never use Skype I clicked "end task".

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 01:28:50 PM »

I use Facetime and Whatsapp.. It is great to see my family and friends LIVE.. 
  My daughter is visiting on Weds.. She will use the side gate.. We will sit on the decking with a coffee and cream cake..  She won't stay for long..

A bucket of Detol water .. to place all empty china and cutlery.. Sorted.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
The way I see it is, if you aint got it and she aint got it you aint going to catch it off each other.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »
The worry is you don’t  know that you’ve got it whilst it is incubating, which, last I saw is reckoned to take 14days, but during that period you can apparently pass the virus on
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!