Author Topic: Self Isolation  (Read 6974 times)

crabbyob

Re: Self Isolation
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »
so if you get the dreaded lurgy, then recover, does that release you from purgatory?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Maddie Malone

« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2020, 03:50:47 PM »
Depends whether you’ve really had it or not 😳

Hugh

« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
I will not isolate myself I will carry on as as normal. If I show any sign of the virus then I will. I keep my distance at the GYM and golf club so I am not concerning myself to much, over the virus. 250,000 people will die from this virus in UK they believe. Like it or not NATURE having its way and killing off many elderly and sick people.

Diasi

« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
Isolation is frequently a cause of depression, which is a frequent cause of suicide. There are going to be a lot of isolated old people, leading to more depressed old people, leading to more suicides. It's a highly likely scenario
Mike

And also Diasi,many people will be in dire financial straits.Mortgage payments etc and other commitments can affect young and old.Just imagine that stress if you have a family to provide for.Suicide, sadly,might seem the only way out.

Fair points.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #34 on: Mar 18, 2020, 09:48:15 AM »
the big Amazon warehouse is about a mile from our house
i dont suppose they will do click an collect ?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #35 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:14:37 AM »
Not from the warehouse.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
ive played golf wi the manager
hes a French guy, cant remember his name
i got the impression he is dyslexic....lol

sparky

« Reply #37 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:43:31 AM »
While I would find total isolation difficult, I will/am cutting my outside contact down to the absolute  minimum I need to get by, in order to do my little bit  towards hopefully reducing  the risk to others, or putting even more strain on an already struggling NHS,
So to hear the shear arrogance and selfishness of  older folk that boast I will carry on as normal, I am not going to be told what I can and cannot do, is beyond belief, especially as us oldies are in a better position to modify our daily lives than those that need to work and earn to survive.

Jacko70

« Reply #38 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

crabbyob

« Reply #39 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »
Sparky, i dont really know your situation, but the gentleman in question has perhaps not yet embraced being a widower... his outside contact is minimal... he visits a gym and a golf course, perhaps the gym will explain why it is closing, but i can see no harm in visiting a golf course... we are here to try and help each other, i often require and receive a reprimand... but not this thread i dont think..

Diasi

« Reply #40 on: Mar 18, 2020, 11:03:02 AM »
While I would find total isolation difficult, I will/am cutting my outside contact down to the absolute  minimum I need to get by, in order to do my little bit  towards hopefully reducing  the risk to others, or putting even more strain on an already struggling NHS,
So to hear the shear arrogance and selfishness of  older folk that boast I will carry on as normal, I am not going to be told what I can and cannot do, is beyond belief, especially as us oldies are in a better position to modify our daily lives than those that need to work and earn to survive.

Well said, you beat me to it & my thoughts exactly.

Some show a breathtaking selfishness & indifference to the welfare of other people & the strain on the NHS.

We know an early retired couple who've only been back from a foreign holiday for a couple of weeks & it looks like they've gone on another one.

What bit of non-essential travel & don't leave the UK don't they understand?

crabbyob

« Reply #41 on: Mar 18, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
not many places left that might accept them now

sparky

« Reply #42 on: Mar 18, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »
crabbyob, My post was not directed to anyone in particular, it was meant for anybody with this arrogant  attitude, but as you mention golf and a Gym, on the face of it, I don't  see much of a problem with golf, depending on the activity afterwards  in the club house, but the Gym for me would be a " No No "

Jacqueline

« Reply #43 on: Mar 18, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »

Very well said, we have our pensions, I'm sure the till lady in Tescos would like to be in our position, instead of being on the frontline and exposed to the virus.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Mar 18, 2020, 12:11:24 PM »
It really hurts to say this, but I am glad Veronica didn’t live to be caught up in this. With her shot to pieces immune system she wouldn’t have had a cat in hell’s cance of surviving and would probably have died alone with none of us able to be with her, instead of with all her family beside her. Sorry, got to go
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!