Author Topic: We have the virus in the family...  (Read 336 times)

granny moss

We have the virus in the family...
« on: Mar 17, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »
My three young grandchildren have the virus. The first one to catch it was my grandson at the UEA in Norwich. Then the other two got it. All the family is in self imposed quarantine. It is a form of very bad influenza, but extremily catching. I am isolated in my room. My daughter still teaching at a school. My granddaughter still doing the rounds as a district nurse. I have cancelled my appointments with my chiropractor till further notice. Now, trying to get some food from supermarkets on line.....No delivery slots, and no much goods available...Hope there will be some form of fair rationing soon...Keep well. gmx

Jacqueline

Re: We have the virus in the family...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2020, 01:10:10 PM »
So sorry to hear that Granny Moss, how old are the children? the experts say that children get over it fine, do keep us posted how they are.  Are you in the same house? keep your distance  and use you soap and sanitiser, wipe things down, dont forget door handles I don't have to tell you this do I? my family say I nag them about this, but its for their own good, better tell them 10 times than they forget.

Keep safe Jac xx   

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »
Granny - all the very best wishes for you and your family
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
We’ll all be thinking of you granny moss.  Please keep us up to date.

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »
Thank you for your concern. The three boys in their 20s are strong and getting better, we hope...My son and his wife are hoping not to catch the virus.I have put in my usual order at Sainsburys on line. When I got to the check out I was told that delivery slots have been taken up to three weeks...I have to look at my order every morning to see if a slot will became available. No slots available for collect. I think the gov should have issued coupons to ration buyers. I think that maybe this is a solution to get rid of some of the aging pensioners so as to save a lot of money... :'( :'( :'( Will keep in touch... :D gmx

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2020, 08:26:16 PM »
Must admit that thought crossed my mind too Granny, All the best to your family, I hope they recover soon.