Author Topic: Any member enjoy fishing  (Read 517 times)

Walter

Any member enjoy fishing
« on: Mar 17, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
I have loved fishing since I was a young boy, used to catch minnows and sticklebacks in a local river used an old jam jar tied to the end of piece of string with old bots of bread inside, or catching Bullheads with our hands

I made a fishing road from a garden cane old boy gave some line a float and a hook , armed with a tin of worms off I would go sat for hours on the banks of the river.

Aged 10 or 11 my first fishing rod for Christmas happy days fishing in a disused stone quarry hooks were one old penny each a float 6d , I have fished many rivers and lakes all over the UK, and in the Channel, North Sea, Irish Sea off the West Coast of Ireland .

Today I still fish for Carp Bream and Tench, I will fish for as long as I am able, if I don't catch I still enjoy my day at the lake  watching the Heron other wildlife and a few peaceful hours 
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

zoony

Re: Any member enjoy fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2020, 06:53:56 PM »
Yeah Walter, there're one or two.. CRABBY!! Yer wanted mate..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Walter

Re: Any member enjoy fishing
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2020, 07:24:39 PM »
Great , I stopped sea fishing a few years back it was hilarious first day back at freshwater , when I cast the first time for years with a small ledger I was that used to beach casting I forgot and aimed for the horizon , nearly brained a guy on the opposite back 200 yards away   
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”