Author Topic: The Queen  (Read 634 times)

crabbyob

Re: The Queen
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2020, 12:29:34 PM »
an you dont hear her whinging about the womens retirment age
an if she joined the waspies she could be their queen...i bet
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

granny moss

« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »
My husband was supplying Toilet rolls to the Sandringham House....colour: Pink....!!!  :D and coffee and tea and other items....The estate agent and his wife were friends. Sadly they have now passed away. gmx  Where is Prince Philip ?

Walter

« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2020, 12:58:01 PM »
The Royals head hundreds of different charities and organisations which encourages people to donate and support them have done for decades.

As for swanning off to one their Palaces, HRM owns two Balmoral and Sandringham the others HRM does not own, she is staying in London due to the Virus  Crisis not running away to hide

We may end up a Republic eventually if enough want it, personally I have no wish to destroy a thousand years of history     
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
My husband was supplying Toilet rolls to the Sandringham House....colour: Pink....!!!  :D and coffee and tea and other items....The estate agent and his wife were friends. Sadly they have now passed away. gmx  Where is Prince Philip ?

Living quietly at Sandringham 

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2020, 01:38:30 PM »
She is staying in London due to the Virus  Crisis not running away to hide.   

Well that as safe as being in the country, the next house to her's is a fair distance way.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened. Jog On.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong as it's only something I've read on the internet

biglouis

« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
The royals may act as a figurehead for many charities but how much do they actually donate out of their vast personal wealth?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

eegrek

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »
I wondered why she or her advisers chose Windsor Castle. There was Sandringham but this is where Norfolk's few cases have turned up. I suppose Balmoral is likewise a risk being in Scotland. Must be nice to be able to choose your prison.

Walter

« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »
The royals may act as a figurehead for many charities but how much do they actually donate out of their vast personal wealth?

Like it or not she is the one constant rallying point for many millions of people and not just in the UK PM's and Poloticians come and go, no idea how much if any HRM may or may not  donate, I'll ask her next time I pop in for cup or tea and a bacon wad.

The Queens wealth is inherited from past Monarchs and investments , HRM apparantly earns several million pounds a year from her Racing Stud, she is not paid a salary all HRM receives is a set amount by Parliament each year to carry out her duties on our behalf pay staff maintain Buck House and Windsor etc.   

Walter

« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »
I wondered why she or her advisers chose Windsor Castle. There was Sandringham but this is where Norfolk's few cases have turned up. I suppose Balmoral is likewise a risk being in Scotland. Must be nice to be able to choose your prison.

She was going to remain in London, but just heard on the News she has moved to Windsor and Phil the Greek has joined her.

If I had the choice I would choose Balmoral set in a vast estate and good fishing , Norfolk too flat 

klondike

« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:24:41 PM »
Sandringham is normally open to the public for most of the year but that may well not apply this year. I imagine they thought she was in greater danger from the potholes on the A47 I had to navigate than just nipping off to Windsor plus she is closer to London there so it looks less like deserting the sinking ship.

Target. Believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

Walter

« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
Balmoral is open at certain times of the year as well, as is Buck House so is Windsor

biglouis

« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »
Its not the queen I object to but the bl***y hangers on like Andrew the pedo, his daughters, Edward and so on. Anne does not get money from the sovereign grant so far as I am aware but she is one of the most active royals.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:25:56 PM »
I remember Anne telling the press corps to "Naff Orf!". ;D  Always been a big fan of the no-nonsense princess. Like any other mother, the queen isn't responsible for the prats that some kids become. They're still her sons, like 'em or not. She's worth us tolerating them. When she's no longer with us the story will move on.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

crabbyob

« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2020, 04:51:58 AM »
i love that moment in Scotland England international Rugby games when they play the Anthems
the cameras usually finds Anne belting out "The Flower of Scotland".... for me anyway sheer 'Magic'
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

Walter

« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2020, 07:00:45 AM »
Its not the queen I object to but the bl***y hangers on like Andrew the pedo, his daughters, Edward and so on. Anne does not get money from the sovereign grant so far as I am aware but she is one of the most active royals.

I have less interest in the lesser Royals and certainly not Andrew who by the way has not been proved guilty of anything yet accused unsuspected yes

As far as I am aware none of the lesser Royals get anything from the Sovereign Grant only the Monarch is provided with the funds to cover the cost of Royal duties, pay Palace staff , repairs to Buck House.

Again as far as I am aware if Princess Anne or any of the Princes carry out a duty on behalf of the Queen their expenses if any come out of the Sovereign Grant as I understand it