Author Topic: The Queen  (Read 514 times)

Walter

Re: The Queen
« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:00:36 AM »
My wife was born on a sheep farm one of her brothers now runs it , he has 3 sheep dogs they get fed table scraps bread bits of meat veg whatever there is , no posh nosh they are fit and well
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:51:47 AM »
When we were children our cats thrived on a similar diet - we couldn't afford fancy cat food
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Walter

« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »
My wife hates Cats terrified of them if one comes too close to her she goes for them, will not have one anywhere near her, I don't mind them.

We like Dogs our last one we had a Lab we had to put down a couple of years back very ill and in pain, vowed we are not going through that again so no more. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:24:19 AM »
I had to have our little dog put to sleep February last year - like you, I couldn't bear going through that again, although unless in its dotage, another dog would outlive me - and than what? When Veronica was alive, if we both went out in the car, when we came back and I opened the back door before helping Veronica out of the car, Fleur would dash to the passenger door to greet her mum and 'help'. After Veronica died it took Fleur quite a while to realise that the passenger side was empty and that there was no point running to it.
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Walter

« Reply #49 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:31:05 AM »
Before we had the Lab who had cancer of the liver and in lots of pain we had a rescue Golden Retriever she was a fantastic dog better trained than the kids, she was 7 when we got her had to put her to sleep when she was 15 years of age heart attack , could not see her suffer anymore.

I have told she who must be obeyed the wife if that happens to me take me to the Vets don't leave me suffering in me basket.

Don't get me on about the Pet Insurance Company