Author Topic: A very special visitor...  (Read 246 times)

Alex22

Re: A very special visitor...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »
All I get is a mangy fox. Filthy thing.

beautiful animals

biglouis

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:16:58 PM »
I have urban foxes in my garden and I put out cat food for them in winter. I also leave a bowl of water out for the local wildlife because they get dehydrated and there is no where around here where foxes, hedgehogs etc can drink.
No unjust system was ever broken or corrupt society changed by time servers and yes men who obeyed the orders of “legitimate authority”.

granny moss

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »
Peacock back again this morning...strutting and displaying it's beautiful tail....asking for breakfast...I gave him rich tea biscuits...and raisins, also some bread. I read on line, that they like a bit of bread...also cat food? for the protein !!! I share my food with him. gmx

biglouis

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:07:12 AM »
I can never be sure that the local cats did not eat the cat food I left for the foxes in winter and there are a lot of "outside" cats. No dogs - its a Moslem area and they consider dogs unclean.
No unjust system was ever broken or corrupt society changed by time servers and yes men who obeyed the orders of “legitimate authority”.

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:50:25 AM »
I had a jay on the flat roof this morning, sounded like herding elephants. Nowhere near as charming as a peacock though.
Any surviving remainers have the rest of the transition period in 2020 to become rejoiners

Bee

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
I can never be sure that the local cats did not eat the cat food I left for the foxes in winter and there are a lot of "outside" cats. No dogs - its a Moslem area and they consider dogs unclean.

Perhaps you can explain to the Muslims in my family who have all got dogs as pets and have had pet dogs right from being children. ??? ??? ???
I abhor ignorance.

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:51:37 AM »
i dont think its a Muslim thing BL
most indians wont touch a dog and if the need arises they immediately wash their hands
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
Must be Indian Indians crabby. Or maybe only full Indians. My neighbour had an Indian mother and he has 3 greyhounds. It used to be 4 but one had big health problems and had to be put down recently.

Jacqueline

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
My guess is a cultural thing depending from where a Muslim person comes from.  Did look it up and seems some say OK some don't.  As if Allah a supreme being  gives a damn if you have a dog or not.

Bee

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
A bit like those other supreme beings then................God and Jesus. ??? ???
I abhor ignorance.

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »
My guess is a cultural thing depending from where a Muslim person comes from.  Did look it up and seems some say OK some don't.  As if Allah a supreme being  gives a damn if you have a dog or not.

This appears to explain it.

https://bit.ly/39jjhEf
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

Jacqueline

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »
A bit like those other supreme beings then................God and Jesus. ??? ???

I don't believe in any of the mumbo jumbo of any religion, God, Jehova, Allah Yarwe?  (Jesus was a man, I think, any biblical scholars to tell me different?) 

If the virus takes me that's my lot.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 11:36:17 AM by Jacqueline »

Alex22

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
This appears to explain it.

https://bit.ly/39jjhEf

I know of muslims who will have nothing to do with dogs and think they are dirty animals.  I also have a member of my family through marriage, who is muslim and has a dog as a family pet.

I always thought the difference was Sunni didn't and Shia did ?  :):):) so thanks for that Phil, very interesting.