Author Topic: A very special visitor...  (Read 1347 times)

Alex22

Re: A very special visitor...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »
All I get is a mangy fox. Filthy thing.

beautiful animals

biglouis

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:16:58 PM »
I have urban foxes in my garden and I put out cat food for them in winter. I also leave a bowl of water out for the local wildlife because they get dehydrated and there is no where around here where foxes, hedgehogs etc can drink.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »
Peacock back again this morning...strutting and displaying it's beautiful tail....asking for breakfast...I gave him rich tea biscuits...and raisins, also some bread. I read on line, that they like a bit of bread...also cat food? for the protein !!! I share my food with him. gmx

biglouis

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:07:12 AM »
I can never be sure that the local cats did not eat the cat food I left for the foxes in winter and there are a lot of "outside" cats. No dogs - its a Moslem area and they consider dogs unclean.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:50:25 AM »
I had a jay on the flat roof this morning, sounded like herding elephants. Nowhere near as charming as a peacock though.

Bee

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
I can never be sure that the local cats did not eat the cat food I left for the foxes in winter and there are a lot of "outside" cats. No dogs - its a Moslem area and they consider dogs unclean.

Perhaps you can explain to the Muslims in my family who have all got dogs as pets and have had pet dogs right from being children. ??? ??? ???
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:51:37 AM »
i dont think its a Muslim thing BL
most indians wont touch a dog and if the need arises they immediately wash their hands
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
Must be Indian Indians crabby. Or maybe only full Indians. My neighbour had an Indian mother and he has 3 greyhounds. It used to be 4 but one had big health problems and had to be put down recently.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
My guess is a cultural thing depending from where a Muslim person comes from.  Did look it up and seems some say OK some don't.  As if Allah a supreme being  gives a damn if you have a dog or not.

Bee

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
A bit like those other supreme beings then................God and Jesus. ??? ???
The only way is up....

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »
My guess is a cultural thing depending from where a Muslim person comes from.  Did look it up and seems some say OK some don't.  As if Allah a supreme being  gives a damn if you have a dog or not.

This appears to explain it.

https://bit.ly/39jjhEf
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »
A bit like those other supreme beings then................God and Jesus. ??? ???

I don't believe in any of the mumbo jumbo of any religion, God, Jehova, Allah Yarwe?  (Jesus was a man, I think, any biblical scholars to tell me different?) 

If the virus takes me that's my lot.

Alex22

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
This appears to explain it.

https://bit.ly/39jjhEf

I know of muslims who will have nothing to do with dogs and think they are dirty animals.  I also have a member of my family through marriage, who is muslim and has a dog as a family pet.

I always thought the difference was Sunni didn't and Shia did ?  :):):) so thanks for that Phil, very interesting.