Author Topic: Saturday Night.  (Read 421 times)

Raven

Saturday Night.
« on: Mar 21, 2020, 05:54:30 PM »
Mostly on a Saturday night we head out around 7.30pm to have dinner at one of the Restaurants in the area, then finish up at the Village Local to meet up with friends for an hour or so. As that's all off for the foreseeable, I've cooked us a dinner of Pork Chops, Mashed Tatties, and peas/carrots, followed by Ice Cream. Evening of catching up on recorded TV programmes after.
What's your Saturday Nights looking like now?

Alex22

Re: Saturday Night.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2020, 05:56:56 PM »
Not much changed for me Raven as I don't go out at night anymore, I prefer to meet up for lunch with friends but that's out the window for the foreseeable future !   Enjoy your meal, sounds good.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:03:15 PM »
I meet with my girlfriends once a month for lunch and a gossip/catchup. None of that either for a while.
My daughter and her family were due to arrive last night for a long W/E Break.....all off till this is over.

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:05:13 PM »
We had a delivery of those meals where everything except oil is there to make a meal.  I have just put Greek meatballs in the oven.  The whole thing, including cooking, was supposed to be half an hour but I was half an hour just chopping and putting it all together!

I just had a video chat with a grumpy grand daughter who is dance mad and of course, that has closed down for now.

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »
Listen to the radio while I finish the crossword..Not decided yet whether to have sausage and mash or fish fingers..All off the cart at my place.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Winter time and now alone, I tend to eat most days at lunchtime. Today was a baked potato with ham, grated cheese, butter and pickle. Now settling down to decide which recorded programme to which, over and above nipping in here
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
We're having curry, cheating tonight its ready made.  ☺️
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2020, 01:44:24 AM »
My saturday is usually winding down from last minute packing of customer orders to get them ready for my Royal Mail collection around mid day. In the afternoon I usually just do some admin work or unpack new stock as I did today.

Saturday evening I unwind and watch the kind of TV that requires little effort.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2020, 06:51:21 AM »

I just had a video chat with a grumpy grand daughter who is dance mad and of course, that has closed down for now.

I hope you didn't sympathise with her & told her to stop whinging, suck it up & get on with things.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)