Author Topic: Who.s next?  (Read 1306 times)

crabbyob

Re: Who.s next?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2020, 10:19:19 PM »
i wish my biggest worry was where the royals are or arent
get a life...
the russians got rid of their royals, and look how well that worked out
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2020, 10:24:12 PM »
Dunno about anybody else but I'm beginning to like Camilla a lot. Seems very happy with Jugs..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2020, 11:00:07 PM »
They are doing what the rest of us have been told to do , stay at home

When the then Queen Elizabeth and George VI toured round the east end they are reputed to have (rather crassly) said to people they met that their home had been bombed as well, to be asked "which one?"
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

stellamaris

« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
get a life...

I wish it was your biggest worry also crabbyob.  Life would be sweet if it was.  I can't say I have given them any thought at all recently.  Anyway a toast for all of the board, clink your glasses and say:  " May the Royals be the biggest worry in our lives" 🍦 [Couldn't find a bubbling champagne glass]
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:11:32 AM »

I wish it was your biggest worry also crabbyob.  Life would be sweet if it was.  I can't say I have given them any thought at all recently.  Anyway a toast for all of the board, clink your glasses and say:  " May the Royals be the biggest worry in our lives" 🍦 [Couldn't find a bubbling champagne glass]

Cheers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:19:17 AM »
Dunno about anybody else but I'm beginning to like Camilla a lot. Seems very happy with Jugs..

A friend and her husband were walking in the hills in Scotland and met Camilla.  I suppose there must have been security people nearby but they had a chat with her and said she was really friendly.

Walter

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:23:05 AM »
get a life...

Yes I agree

The Queen usually stays in Buck House Monday to Friday closer to Parliament, if she has no engagements at the weekend she normally spends the weekend at Windsor Castle, close enough to London to get back quickly if need be.

In times like this it is normal for false information to be circulated by those with a grudge , differing political views, or simp0ly ignorance hated and envy which some fall for hook line and sinker because its what they want to hear, be it true or false

HRM as a matter of routine usually spends Easter at Windsor, due to the virus and being a vulnerable person she has gone there a week earlier, apparantly she is in isolation with just a few long term trusted members of staff looking after her.

Members of her family who live nearby are not allowed to visit it her just like the rest of us, the Government has said stay at home, she will work from there as normal.

Prince Charles when in London stays at Clarence House however that has been closed for weeks, probably becuase his scheduled diplomatic visits abroad have had to be cancelled due to the emergency.

He has chosen to go home he has two that he owns he has gone to Birkhall in Aberdeenshire , he will work from home for the duration as will Camilla     
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:32:49 AM »
A friend and her husband were walking in the hills in Scotland and met Camilla.  I suppose there must have been security people nearby but they had a chat with her and said she was really friendly.

Apparantly the Queen knows most of the villagers that live in and around Balmoral quite well knows their names and family's does a bit of shopping in the local shops and all attend the local Church

ronyork

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »
Brainwashed?

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
yes you are Ron
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Walter

« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2020, 09:16:50 AM »
Brainwashed?

Informed , look into my eyes , look don't turn away look into my eyes concentrate on me nothing else

mick607

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2020, 09:27:10 AM »

He has chosen to go home he has two that he owns he has gone to Birkhall in Aberdeenshire , he will work from home for the duration as will Camilla   
Work you say ?I didn't realise this was the joke dept.

GrannyMac

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2020, 09:32:58 AM »
get a life...

Yup. I think the Queen is entitled to some R&R at her age. Otherwise I have little interest.

Life's too short to feel bitter about things we have no power over. Especially now.  Enjoy the sunshine, live in the moment.  🌞
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Walter

« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:06:26 AM »
Work you say ?I didn't realise this was the joke dept.

Charlie is a couple of months older than I am, I stopped work after 55 years working full time, his workload I would not want that is for certain nor the restrictions on his life , as I understand it a conference network has been set up in his house 

Walter

« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »
Yup. I think the Queen is entitled to some R&R at her age. Otherwise I have little interest.

Life's too short to feel bitter about things we have no power over. Especially now.  Enjoy the sunshine, live in the moment.  🌞

Yes however she will stay in place until the end IMHO