Author Topic: Jacqueline  (Read 1054 times)

Scrumpy

Jacqueline
« on: Mar 23, 2020, 05:40:30 PM »

I know you are struggling sweetheart..

Try  www.milkandmore.co.uk

My daughter has had her milk delivered for ages. Just like the old fashioned milkman... They deliver a variety of goods. Good luck.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Jacqueline

Re: Jacqueline
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2020, 09:56:41 PM »
Thanks so much Scrumpy for being so kind and thinking of me, unfortunately they are not taking on new customers, but I'll keep checking you never know.

My husband went down to get his prescription this morning. The local small supermarket was open and had quite a few things in, and they were disinfecting the place and had a line that you had to stand on so as not to get near to the check out staff.  They seem to be doing the right things, so will shop there in future try and limit it to once a week if possible.  He got bread, milk and spuds.  They are more expensive than our normal supermarkets, but I think they deserve our custom now and a lot closer at only 4 miles away instead of 15.

I'm so sorry everyone,  Ive got myself in a right tizz moaning and worrying about the kids, no on line shopping, must pull myself together and stop being a wuss.  Keep safe guys.  Jac

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:03:15 PM »

I'm so sorry everyone,  Ive got myself in a right tizz moaning and worrying about the kids, no on line shopping, must pull myself together and stop being a wuss.  Keep safe guys.  Jac

Don't you go apologising, it's hard not to be in a permanent tizz at the moment.

I have to agree with Nicola Sturgeon who said that anyone who doesn't feel that life isn't normal needs to wake up & get real.

It's the worriers who take precautions that are needed at a time like this.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:09:08 PM »
Don't you go apologising, it's hard not to be in a permanent tizz at the moment.

I have to agree with Nicola Sturgeon who said that anyone who doesn't feel that life isn't normal needs to wake up & get real.

It's the worriers who take precautions that are needed at a time like this.

Thanks Diasi, nice kind folk on this site, what would we do with out it?  Hope you and your wife are OK.  Jac

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:17:11 PM »
I worry about my daughter, who is a nurse. She can't distance herself, plus her husband has a very elderly relative who relies on them. She went to their big Tesco yesterday for the 'NHS' priority shopping. It was a farce, very little of anything available. So different from Sainsbury's this morning.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:42:52 PM »

Thanks Diasi, nice kind folk on this site, what would we do with out it?  Hope you and your wife are OK.  Jac

Thanks Jacqueline,

We're taking each day as it comes & hoping for the best, just as I hope for the best for you, your family & all our PF members & their families / friends.

I insist that we're all logged onto the forum when this crisis is over & I won't be accepting any excuses. ;D
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2020, 01:15:14 AM »

Sometimes writing things down is a big help and when you think about it , we've gone from an "almost normal" life to complete lockdown in a couple of weeks - it's enough to turn yer hair grey :)

mick607

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2020, 06:49:17 PM »
My wife has decided to use the lock down period to do some decorating. Making good use of the free time she says. All decorating materials in the cupboard ready to use.
I will be employed for the duration as tea lad also in my supervisory capacity as chief onlooker.

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »
My house is gradually getting cleaner, kitchen has new (well been in the cupboard waiting for the kitchen to be painted) curtains, no painting though but it looks more cheerful which we all need.  I've got lots of little jobs to do that  I've been putting off that will make the house look nicer.  As we will be stuck in it 24/7 for the foreseeable future best make it lovely.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »
My wife has decided to use the lock down period to do some decorating. Making good use of the free time she says. All decorating materials in the cupboard ready to use.
I will be employed for the duration as tea lad also in my supervisory capacity as chief onlooker.

Just be sure that she can't use the "He said I'd missed a bit and somefin' just snapped yer 'onour.." defense. Keep schtum.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2020, 11:29:18 PM »
Just watching advice on the TV for people to "structure their day".

Mine already has one although I drift around the house and garden in a kaftan. I am very much a planner. Each evening I make in my diary a list of tasks to do the next day. I dont always get through every single one but I make sure I do the priority jobs if possible.

In business I divide tasks into two categories - progress tasks and service tasks.

Progress tasks are those which significantly move the business forward - like unpacking, photographing, researching and listing new stock, researching new customers and markets, etc.

Service tasks are the rather boring admin stuff, record keeping, marking items dispatched, informing buyers of tracking details, etc.

Housework, now that my cleaner has deserted me, will go on an indefinite back burner.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2020, 11:52:35 PM »
Just watching advice on the TV for people to "structure their day".

It's fair to say that most carers will have structured days.

This Wuhan Flu has made me determined to visit my home county of Derbyshire, especially Eyam & the Peak District, some of which I haven't seen for 50 years.

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2020, 06:39:53 AM »
My house is gradually getting cleaner, kitchen has new (well been in the cupboard waiting for the kitchen to be painted) curtains, no painting though but it looks more cheerful which we all need.  I've got lots of little jobs to do that  I've been putting off that will make the house look nicer.  As we will be stuck in it 24/7 for the foreseeable future best make it lovely.

Me too Jacqueline.  I've found the little cleaning jobs which I can usually ignore. 😱 As the weather is so nice, I've been washing everything! I did our macs and fleeces yesterday, hopefully the heavy use of those is over til the winter.

I'm determined to sort out all our paperwork, get rid of stuff that is out of date. I've been filling a bag for the charity shop too.  I didn't leave the house yesterday, but today, I'm going to drive to Morrisons for our milk and a few veg, because they also sell plants and compost. I'm hoping to fill a few tubs in the garden, I find pottering there therapeutic. And I've quite a few books to keep me going!

R. Gervais

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2020, 06:42:39 AM »

Just be sure that she can't use the "He said I'd missed a bit and somefin' just snapped yer 'onour.." defense. Keep schtum.

And express admiration..😍

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2020, 07:01:22 AM »
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!